Senior Scientist I, Manufacturing Sciences
We are seeking a highly-motivated Senior Scientist/Engineer to join our Downstream group in the Manufacturing Sciences department at AbbVie Bioresearch Center located in Worcester, MA. As part of the Operation Science & Technology organization, our group is responsible for downstream process development, characterization and validation of late clinical stage and commercial biologic products. We provide manufacturing support and co-author regulatory filings. The candidate is expected to devise and implement protein purification strategies to solve complex challenges across the AbbVie pipeline. The candidate should have a solid understanding of protein chemistry and knowledge of purification. The candidate should be able to work independently while contributing in a team environment, and can productively manage several projects simultaneously in a dynamic and rapidly evolving project landscape.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Work independently on the design, execution, and interpretation of results of process development and process characterization experimental studies
- Identify, evaluate, and develop innovative technologies within the field of downstream processing to improve process efficiency, robustness and product quality.
- Lead technology and process transfer to pilot lab and GMP plants.
- Solve technical issues and support GMP manufacturing
- Participate in cross-functional team and author/review/defend CMC sections of regulatory filings.
- Author technical reports and other documents independently
- Interact with cross-functional groups (e.g. discovery, process sciences, manufacturing, quality, regulatory)
- Author peer-reviewed articles and patent. Present original work in conferences.
- BS, MS, or PhD in Chemical or Biochemical Engineering, Biochemistry, or related field with 10+ years (BS), 8+ years (MS), or 0-2 years (PhD), relevant academic and/or pharmaceutical industry experience.
- Solid understanding of protein chemistry and biologic process development
- Strong written and oral communication skills and the ability to contribute in a multi-disciplinary environment are essential.
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills and capability to overcome complexed issues.
- Excellent written and oral presentation skills.
Solid understanding protein characterization methodologies
Strong interest and knowledge in biochemical process modeling and/or multivariate data analytics
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled