Senior Manager, Global Immunology Public Affairs
Senior Manager, Global Immunology
Public Affairs (PA) is responsible for developing and executing global
communications strategies and programs for AbbVies immunology franchise.
Key Responsibilities Includes:
- Develop and execute communications brand strategies and tactics with specific timelines, budgets, stakeholder responsibilities and contingency plans.
- Demonstrate strong understanding of corporate businesses and therapeutic areas, industry and competitive landscape to provide effective counsel
- Collaborate with cross functional team members to achieve goals, communicate progress, changes and milestones regularly.
- Oversee the development of PR plans (annual and/or project) to support business growth. Obtain buy-in and secure budget. Oversee implementation of tactical program elements and ensure deliverables are on time/on budget.
- Possess a thorough understanding/awareness of leading/emerging PR tactics and techniques to maximize program impact. Manage agency resources and other vendors to ensure successful completion of projects and assignments within allocated budgets.
- Manage resources/budgets on programming within company financial policies and external policies governing industry practices.
- Serve as spokesperson for designated brands. Oversee the identification and development of internal and third-party spokespeople. Engage and interact with top-tier, consumer and industry trade media, thought leaders and key opinion leaders.
- Manage review process for external communications materials (press releases, statements, response documents, fact sheets, science writer's guides, etc.).
- Bachelor's Degree (emphasis in communications, marketing, business, public relations or journalism preferred).
- 10 years' experience with 5 years in a high-level business or communications and or marketing environment.
- Master's Degree or other postgraduate work preferred
- Extensive experience working with Senior Management and Customers preferred.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled