Scientist, Process Development
Molecular Templates (MTEM) is a clinical stage biopharmaceutical company targeting a variety of cancers through development of its innovative proprietary Engineered Toxin Body (ETB) platform. MTEM's first immunotoxin, MT-3724, is in clinical development for non-Hodgkin's lymphoma. Pipeline products for additional oncology targets are being advanced toward clinical development. For more information, please visit MTEM's website at www.mtem.com.
Molecular Templates is seeking a highly-skilled and highly-motivated professional to support optimization and transfer of novel protein-based therapeutics to manufacturing activities. The Scientist will be responsible for developing methods for production, purification, fermentation and testing of new process formulas, technologies and products. This includes new product scale-up, purification, process optimization, technology transfer and process validation activities, as well as developing production procedures and product specifications. This position will require excellent technical, analytical and problem-solving skills, along with ability to operate independently on progressively more complex activities and projects.
Job Responsibilities will include:
- Develop methods for the production, purification, fermentation and testing of new process formulas, technologies and products, including but not limited to: new product scale-up, protein purification, microbial fermentation, process optimization, analytical characterization, technology transfer and process validation activities and development of production procedures and product specifications.
- Maintain knowledge of scientific trends industry processes through readings, conferences and seminars; review literature to enhance or improve manufacturing procedures and methods. Use professional concepts and company policies and procedures to solve a wide range of difficult problems in creative and practical ways.
- May participate in the development of patent applications or regulatory documentation.
- Serve as in-house and outside consultant, such as advise senior management and collaborators.
- Other duties and special projects, as assigned
- MS degree plus 4+ years of relevant industry experience; or PhD in life sciences, chemical engineering, biochemical engineering or related relevant field and 2+ years of relevant industry experience
- Demonstrated technical proficiency in biologic drug substance processes
- Proven experience with protein expression, purification, and/or engineering, required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent computer skills,
- Excellent analytical skills and problem-solving skills
- Excellent organizational, time management, and multi-tasking skills
- Ability to maintain highest standards of accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to function independently and exercise good judgement, as well as provide thought leadership
- Ability to identify problems and solutions then take action to resolve
This position currently has no supervisory responsibilities. This position reports to Sr. Director, Process Development.
Molecular Templates, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers competitive salaries and benefits.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.