Research Associate/Senior Research Associate - CHO Stable Cell Line Development
NGM Biopharmaceuticals, Inc. is a private biotech company dedicated to discovering and developing the next generation of medicines for the treatment of serious diseases. Our experienced scientific team has joined forces with an impressive group of industry professionals, Nobel Laureates and other distinguished researchers to form a company where innovation and cutting-edge science has provided the foundation for a robust drug discovery engine. To date, NGM Bio has generated a pipeline of six drug candidates in various stages of development, including NGM282 that recently demonstrated proof-of-concept in a Phase 2 study in non-alcoholic steatohepatitis (NASH). We have many more in preclinical development. In 2015, we entered into a broad, strategic collaboration with Merck that will provide us with the resources and flexibility to pursue our ambitious R&D goals and further extend our pipeline of novel drug candidates.
We are recruiting a motivated researcher to help out our mammalian protein expression group.
- Develop stable cell lines including clone screening, single cell cloning, and fed-batch production
- Characterize the cell lines and the proteins expressed
- Evaluate the CHO CLD and production process with varies media
- Design studies and interpret results of development, troubleshooting and process characterization experiments
- Represent the CLD&E in research project teams
- B.S. with a minimum of 6 years of experience, M.S. with a minimum of 4 years of experience
- Familiarity with antibody properties and sequences
- Broad experience in cell biology, including mammalian cell culture, cell transfection, and cell-based functional assays
- Hands on experience in molecular biology such as cloning PCR, vector construction, and sequence analysis is strongly preferred
- Expertise in designing and executing immunological methods such as ELISA, Octet, FACS, Western and immunostaining etc
- Must be able to work independently and proactively with minimal supervision
- Must be able to perform cell line development and some technology development in parallel
- Experience in running automation or setting up automation process is a plus
- Must be able to communicate well, both orally and in writing
NGM offers a creative, collaborative, highly challenging scientific environment, along with a strong compensation package that includes salary, stock options, 401(k) and a comprehensive benefits package.
Interested applicants should click "Apply"