Sr. Director, Project Management
Lead the Project Management function within Cerus in support of commercial, development and research projects, as needed. Establish best practices for effective management of projects to deliver on milestones and corporate goals. Interact extensively with the executive management team, project team leaders, global project teams and finance in this highly visible role.
- Manage a group of Project Management professionals working on complex projects at various stages in the product life cycle.
- Establish, implement and maintain tools and processes for effective project planning, decision-making and tracking comprehensive project plans, timelines and budgets.
- Establish project team goals to support corporate goals and drive teams to deliver on goals.
- Manage the Portfolio Review Committee governance meetings.
- Provide input to executive management in support of strategic planning and portfolio management.
- Participate in annual planning, budgeting, and forecasting for all projects in collaboration with finance.
- Serve as project manager for cross-functional development and/or research project teams, as needed.
- Assess project risks and develop mitigations and contingency plans through collaboration with project team leaders, project managers and functional leaders.Ensure that issues and risks are appropriately communicated to executive management.
- Participate in all human resources activities for the Project Management department (staffing, training, performance management and employee development).
- Life Sciences, Physical Sciences, or Engineering degree, with MBA preferred.
- A minimum of 12 years project management experience in the pharmaceutical, biotechnology and/or medical device areas.
- Experience in managing global projects and collaborative partnerships.
- Knowledge of pre-clinical and clinical development, regulatory and manufacturing disciplines related to drug/device development.
- Must have proven skills in using project management/project office tools.
- Previous experience in corporate strategic planning and portfolio management is a plus.
- Ability to effectively and constructively communicate, coordinate, cooperate and interact with all levels internally (including executive management) and externally.
- Strong leadership and influencing skills in a cross-functional matrix organization.
- Strong analytical mind and global business acumen.
- Position requires both strategic agility and strong attention to detail and execution.
- Excellent communication, organizational and presentation skills with ability to serve as external face of company.
Requires some U.S. and international travel.