Scientist, Cell Biology - Immune Oncology
Vividion Therapeutics is seeking a highly-motivated Scientist to contribute to the identification and development of novel small-molecule drugs. Vividion is a privately held biotechnology company based in San Diego that is leveraging an innovative and proprietary chemical proteomics platform to efficiently discover novel drugs in multiple areas including oncology and immunology.
As an early stage startup company, Vividion is looking for energetic and experienced candidates with a desire to work in a fast-paced and dynamic team environment. The successful candidate will have extensive hands on experience and expertise in mammalian cell culture techniques (including transient transfection, retroviral transduction), basic molecular biology and cell and biochemical assay development (including siRNA, flow cytometry and handling primary immune cells).
Experience and education requirements
- PhD with 0-3+ years of cellular and molecular biology experience (biotechnology/pharmaceutical industry experience strongly preferred).
- Hands-on in vitro assay development & troubleshooting experience is critical
- Drug discovery experience in immunology or immuno-oncology is desired
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Required technical skills include DNA cloning, mutagenesis, and transfection, Western Blotting, ELISA, aseptic technique, mammalian cell culture, primary immune cell processing, and cell viability assays
- Specialty technical skills desired include cytokine release assays, immune suppression assays, and other functional immune assays
- Desirable techniques include flow cytometry, PCR/qPCR, Immuneprecipitation, virus-based assays (reporter expression, etc.)
- Outstanding problem-solving skills, troubleshooting skills and organization skills
- Be an effective team player and strong individual contributor, flexible, and able to handle multiple tasks and deliver high quality results under tight timelines
In addition to a competitive compensation package with stock options, Vividion also offers a comprehensive benefits package for our employees and their families, which includes medical, dental, life, disability insurance. For consideration, please submit your resume and cover letter referencing job SCBI2018.07.13 to email@example.com. Vividion Therapeutics, Inc. is an EEO employer.