Senior Research Associate/Associate Scientist
The Senior Research Associate/Associate Scientist will work on developing methods to optimize the anti-tumor activity of tumor infiltrating lymphocytes (TILs) for therapeutic applications. Such methods may include ex vivo manipulation of T cell co-stimulatory and co-inhibitory pathways, T cell subsets selection strategies, identifying neoepitopes derived from the tumor mutanome, as well as developing genetically-engineered TILs with enhanced in vivo persistence and therapeutic activity.
- Perform research experiments involving a variety of protocols and technics. Reliably implement, troubleshoot, and read out state-of-the-art cellular biology techniques.
- Analyze and interpret experimental results. Make detailed observations and record them in a timely and relevant fashion.
- Organize results for team presentation and discussion.
- Investigate and develop new methods and technologies necessary to project advancement.
- Maintain high level of professional expertise through regular consulting of scientific literature and attendance of training and/or scientific seminars.
- Contribute to scientific publications.
- Help identifying patentable inventions.
Education and Qualifications
- Master’s degree in Cellular Biology, Molecular Biology, Immunology, or related discipline required.
- 5-8 years of post-degree bench research experience, preferably in industry, required.
- Immunology and/or oncology background. Knowledge about immune response mechanisms and their modulation during cancer development a plus.
- Extensive tissue culture experience using primary and established cell lines, familiarity with in vitro T cell functional assays as well as flow cytometry staining and acquisition techniques expected.
- Experience with gene cloning and other molecular biology techniques (qRT-PCR, transfection) helpful.
- Ability to independently carry out all lab experiments.
- Highly motivated individual, quick learner, adaptable as new situations arise, and definite team player with a positive attitude.
- Excellent record keeping and organization skills.
- Effective communicator (verbal and written).