Manufacturing Associate – Upstream
Molecular Templates (MTEM) is a clinical stage biopharmaceutical company targeting a variety of cancers through development of its innovative proprietary Engineered Toxin Body (ETB) platform. MTEM's first immunotoxin, MT-3724, is in clinical development for non-Hodgkin's lymphoma. Pipeline products for additional oncology targets are being advanced toward clinical development. For more information, please visit MTEM's website at www.mtem.com.
Molecular Templates is seeking an experienced and highly-motivated professional to support upstream processing for manufacturing activities. This position will perform functions related to production and manufacturing operations, including routine microbial fermentation, equipment set-up and calibration tasks, media preparation, quality testing, process documentation, and assist in review and development methods and procedures to control or modify the manufacturing process. This position will also aid in identifying continuous process improvement areas. This will require excellent technical, analytical and organizational skills, along with adherence to written and verbal instructions and accurate and timely completion of manufacturing records.
Job Responsibilities will include:
- Perform protein expression by microbial fermentation. This includes but not limited to: cell culture, cell banking, bioreactor operation, cell plating, cell harvesting, media preparation, equipment cleaning and sterilization, process data recording
- Conduct limited characterization of metabolic products and protein expression using common laboratory techniques.
- Complete required documentation in an accurate and timely manner, and adhere to written procedures and regulatory requirements
- Review and revise established protocols and SOPs related to drug development such as process development, data trending, and optimization of techniques. This may also include developing and optimizing assays, conducting limited literature search of research study protocols and reports, regulatory documents, and other potential resources.
- Conduct general laboratory duties, including washing glassware, ordering supplies, and maintaining inventory (e.g. media) and basic laboratory equipment
- Assist with non-complex projects, such as laboratory sanitization and organization or implementation of new instrumentation, as needed
- Bachelor's degree in Life Sciences or equivalent
- Minimum of one (1) year relevant experience in laboratory setting conducting or supporting microbial protein expression
- Experience in biopharmaceutical industry, required
- Demonstrated experience and comprehensive knowledge of upstream processing activities, required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent computer skills with knowledge of spreadsheet and word processing
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills applied to investigations
- Excellent organizational, time management and multi-tasking skills
- Ability to follow written and verbal instruction and work under supervision
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, team environment
- Ability to lift 30 lbs. and must be able to stand, crouch, sit, bend, or stretch for extended periods of time
- Must possess flexibility to work varying schedules to support operations, such as occasional 12-hour shift or night shift
Molecular Templates, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers competitive salaries and benefits.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.