Corporate Disbursements Analyst
The Global Disbursement Operations team is responsible for managing the AbbVie Accounts Payable business across more than 70 countries. The Corporate Disbursement Analyst assists with providing support in a variety of cross-functional areas including critical touchpoints with Vendor Master, Treasury, Business Technology Services, Shared Service Centers, Purchasing & Supplier Management, as well as Reporting and Analytics. The ability to work cross functionally and maintain confidentiality of sensitive information will be critical to successfully executing the responsibilities of the position. Key Responsibilities Include:
- Effectively working cross functionally as well as proactively and effectively communicating in both written and oral means is critical to successfully executing the Core Job Responsibilities.
- Working as the key liaison between the Purchasing/ Vendor management and Payables functions to ensure operational efficiencies and policies are met and complied with.
- Effectively and proactively raising issues to their manager as appropriate is necessary. This position will have general scope of responsibility and will normally work under minimal direction from the Manager, Global Disbursements. The incumbent will work within the framework of established policies and procedures, executing against existing timelines and priorities.
- Communication to his/her manager will be critical to ensure timely updates of project and assignment status. Contacts will include the BPO provider and immediate manager; and will also include AbbVie personnel at varying levels within the Corporation.
- The Global Disbursement Analyst needs to have a strong appetite to learn about Payables Management and Analytics in order to provide support for Departmental and Corporate compliance projects.
- Internal Control: The Global Disbursement Analyst needs to have a working knowledge of AbbVie compliance and internal control guidelines as the incumbent will be responsible for assisting in reviewing the annual Sarbanes-Oxley compliance templates.
- Failure to achieve results could affect accuracy of compliance reporting to Legal, OEC, auditors and/or external governmental agencies resulting in inaccurate conclusions being drawn and/or resubmission of data, and missing deadlines could result in overtime.
- Bachelor's Degree - BA, BS in Accounting, Finance, or Business Required
- Equivalent work experience may be considered in lieu of a Bachelor's degree; however, related work experience is required and progression toward bachelor's preferred
- Strong Analytical skills with ability to work independently and support audit (both internal and external), Sarbanes Oxley requirements, SEC, and compliance reporting. Accounts Payable experience preferred
- Working knowledge of SAP Procure to Pay, including Vendor Master impacts on the Accounts Payable process
- Knowledge of GRIR functionality will be an added advantage
- Strong communication skills—both written and verbal
- Strong customer focus—both internal and external
- Ability to work in a rapidly changing environment, as well as obtaining results through collaboration and coordination with multiple stakeholders, both internal and external
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines while prioritizing workload accordingly
- Experience in a BPO (managed services) environment a plus