Specialty Pharmacy Marketing Manager (Oncology)
AbbVie has a strong specialty product portfolio that serves patients in the areas of Immunology, HCV, Oncology, with new specialty medications in development. The Trade Pharmacy Marketing team is a cross-therapeutic team within the Managed Markets organization that specializes in the Pharmacy Channel and partners with Specialty Pharmacies to provide access, services, and resources to ensure optimal patient care.
As a member of the Trade Pharmacy Marketing team, the Specialty Pharmacy Marketing Manager will be the AbbVie pharmacy liaison and work closely with external pharmacy partners, as well as internal field and home office personnel to support brand initiatives through the implementation of strategies and execution of tactics. The individual will foster teamwork across multiple stakeholders, collaborate with the Integrated Brand Teams, and support the implementation of investments related to specialty pharmacy services and marketing programs across all pharmacy channels. The role will primarily support the Oncology franchise, with opportunities to support other therapeutic areas, as needs and abilities dictate.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Specialty Pharmacy Channel Planning and Implementation - Support the development of the overall vision of the specialty pharmacy channel strategy as well as the Abbvie standard for high-touch services through strategic and tactical planning
- Specialty Brand and Patient Support Services - Identify, design, and implement specialty pharmacy support service programs that are aligned with brand initiatives and create value for stakeholders in the marketplace
- Distribution and Services Contracting - Coordinate and collaborate with the legal department, contracts operations, and account executive teams to negotiate and execute specialty pharmacy services and distribution contracts (e.g. product discounts, data reporting, and patient support services)
- Performance Management - Monitor pharmacies' performance of services against the contracted deliverables and key performance indicators
- Cross-functional Coordination - Maintain regular collaboration with cross-functional teams including brand marketing, patient services (Hub), field sales, and pharmacy account management to identify both new strategies and areas for improvement so as to drive continuous brand support
- Pharmacy Marketing Materials - Support identification and development of high-impact promotional material that supports patient needs and brand strategic objectives
- Compliance Monitoring- Ensures adherence to regulatory and/or legal parameters through close collaboration with the legal team and pharmacy account executives
- Specialty Landscape Expertise - Stays abreast of recent industry trends in the areas of trade, distribution, specialty pharmacy, reimbursement, and patient services
- Department Operations - Support the P&L responsibilities for projects related to sales and promotional budgets.
- Responsible for all core marketing responsibilities and business processes
- Budget Support - Secure and effectively manage budget for programs by completing projects on time and within cost parameters
- 8-10 years of first-hand knowledge and experience in working with various types of Specialty Pharmacy manufacturer support programs/services (e.g. clinical, adherence/persistency, reimbursement, copay, etc.)
- Experience in working with specialty therapies including oncolytics
- Demonstrated knowledge of specialty pharmacy operations and reimbursement processes
- 5 years of Pharmaceutical Marketing
- Contracts negotiation and management
- Managed Markets
- Ability to develop and manage projects cross-functionally
- Understanding of attributes of other functional areas and impact of relevant decisions.
- Knowledge of marketing concepts within strategic planning process. Understanding of principles of market research to draw valid conclusions.
- Knowledge of applicable regulations and standards affecting Pharmaceutical Products (e.g. CFR 210/211, cGMP)
- Bachelor's Degree
- Advanced degree.
- Relationships with a network of Specialty Pharmacies
- Experience in marketing/ program management with specialty pharmacy channel.