Medical Science Liaison - Chicago
Pharmacyclics is committed to the development and commercialization of novel therapies intended to improve the quality and duration of life and to resolve serious unmet medical needs for cancer patients. Pharmacyclics is a wholly-owned subsidiary of AbbVie (NYSE:ABBV), a global, research-based biopharmaceutical company. Oncology is a key therapeutic area for AbbVie, with a portfolio consisting of three marketed products and a pipeline containing multiple promising new molecules that are being studied in more than 200 clinical trials for over 20 different types of cancer.
More than 1,200 Pharmacyclics and AbbVie research scientists, clinicians, marketing, operations and corporate professionals work in the San Francisco Bay Area. They combine their expertise in immuno-oncology, stem cells, and cell-signaling with their knowledge of bispecific antibodies, antibody-drug conjugates (ADCs), and covalent-inhibitor technologies to discover and develop novel cancer treatments. Together, we are striving to outsmart cancer.
To learn more about us, please visit us at http://www.pharmacyclics.com/
Pharmacyclics is seeking a
Medical Science Liaison
TERRITORY: IL, WI (Chicago preferred domicile location)
Medical Science Liaisons (MSLs) are field-based scientific/clinical experts that report to a Director/Sr Regional Director of MSLs within the Medical Affairs (MA) department. MSLs are trained professionals with strong clinical and/or scientific backgrounds who must have excellent communication skills. They are responsible for identifying, developing and managing relationships with current and future Healthcare Providers(HCP's) in academic and community practices.
- Exchange complex medical & scientific information with the hematology / oncology community.
- Develop valued and productive scientific relationships with Opinion Leaders (OLs) and other disease experts.
- Provide medical/scientific presentations to internal & external groups.
- Provide internal Medical stakeholders with feedback and insights from interactions and discussions with HCPs.
- Assist with awareness of company-sponsored clinical trials and investigator-initiated trials (ISTs).
- Provide support at professional meetings, including staffing exhibits, collecting competitive intelligence and developing tools that support the function.
- Adhere to corporate and healthcare compliance guidance in all activities, including those related to clinical trials, scientific interactions with internal and external groups, and responses to unsolicited requests for medical/scientific information.
- Maintain clinical, scientific, and technical expertise in specific therapeutic areas; review scientific journals, attend scientific and key technical meetings.
- Represent the company and Medical Affairs during exchanges with the medical/scientific community.
- Establish and maintain ongoing long-term collaborative peer-to-peer relationships with Hematologist, Oncologists, and other HCPs within their assigned territory.
- Respond to and document unsolicited requests for scientific information for ibrutinib and other products, including those in development.
- Assist with clinical trial awareness and Engage with assigned Cooperative Groups to support their scientific and research needs as consistent with Pharmacyclics Medical Affairs strategy.
- Collaborate with publication planning to support development of publications and communications.
- Facilitate investigator interactions with Medical Directors and other internal stakeholders.
- Provide clinical input and training to internal functions within regulatory guidelines.
- Provide support for content development and delivery of clinical presentations at Advisory Boards.
- PharmD, PhD or RN with advanced degree preferred.
- 5+ years of experience in hematological/oncological malignancies, preferred.
- 5+ years of experience as field-based MSL, preferred.
- 8+ years of experience in industry (e.g., biotech/pharmaceutical/medical device company, Contract Research Organization), academic research, or public health preferred.
- Experience with clinical research, publication activities, congress/conference and presenting scientific data
- Experience functioning as a field-based employee preferred.
- Training and/or knowledge of Good Clinical Practice (GCP) and global regulations
- Ability to effectively build relationships and work with global OL's.
- Think strategically; apply knowledge and analytical skills in a highly regulated environment; and align medical and commercial strategies
- Ability to summarize complex information and present in a clear, concise, and scientifically accurate manner to a range of audiences
- Knowledge of ICH guidelines, FDA Drug Regulations with respect to DDMAC, PhRMA Principles on Conduct of Clinical Trials and Communication of Clinical Trial Results, and OIG Compliance Program Guidance for Pharmaceutical Manufacturers.
- Excellent communication skills, Strong problem solving, decision-making, influencing, and negotiation skills.
- Preferred Residential Location: IL, WI (Chicago preferred)
- Able to travel overnight (up to 60%)