REPORTING & ANALYTIC CAPABILITIES LEAD
As the Reporting & Analytic Capabilities Lead, you are responsible for delivering the analytical support capability for operational data & analysis for BIA teams and their R&D clients. In this critical role, you will use your analytical experience to drive the maintenance and delivery of true analytic ready datasets (ARDs) that integrate data from multiple sources by partnering seamlessly with BIA analytic teams to understand and deliver on their true needs. You will drive a single source of the truth by managing a team of data analysts, curators, and metric/KPI stewards who will manage and deliver ARDs, own and update a KPI and dashboard inventory, and monitor & improve operational data quality. In partnership with IT, business capabilities, and BIA teams, you will identify opportunities for automation and improved delivery of analytical reports.
In addition, you will strategically develop the annual analytical capability roadmap, ensure its integration with IT and business capabilities, and partner seamlessly with a matrix set of colleagues to ensure delivery. Your team are knowledge experts in system content and data quality for staffing, time tracking, as well as clinical trial and project operational milestones across the R&D cycle.
Key Responsibilities and Major Duties
- Manage and build a team of data analysts, curators, and metric/KPI stewards that will support fast and efficient analysis by ensuring high quality, curated datasets are available for business insights and analysis
- Develop & deliver annual reporting & analytic capability roadmap in partnership with BIA, IT, Integrated Data Management, and R&D Business Capabilities
- Drive a single version of the truth by managing a team of data quality specialists and metric & reporting stewards
- Coordinate regular reviews of analytic ready datasets with BIA teams for quality, speed of delivery, and analytic enablement
- Enable timely and high quality execution of analytic capability book of work
- Liaise with cross functional teams to deliver innovative automated solutions to analytical reporting, while ensuring objectivity and consistency across the enterprise.
- Develop interaction model with related groups, including IT, IDM, business capabilities and BIA analysts
- Foster inclusion and diversity and an energetic and highly connected work environment
- Support enablement of analytical methods such as machine learning, natural language processing, new statistical methods and others to derive new insights for customers
- Individual data & reporting specialists and metric & reporting stewards
- Advanced degree in scientific or technical field (engineering, statistics, mathematics), combined with external consulting experience.
- MBA preferred but not required.
- 7 or more years' experience in the pharmaceutical, financial or data/technology industries in delivering operational analytics that drive decision making.
- 5 or more years' experience managing a team
- Prior field experience highly recommended
- Deep understanding of how to use data to answer critical business questions
- A strategic mindset to set the vision for the team based on stakeholder input and personal assessment
- Experience leading and delivering in a matrix organization, including articulating value propositions, balancing trade-offs and managing demand.
- History of success at supporting data-driven R&D decision making
- Understanding of the application of sophisticated analytics, simulation/predictive analytic modeling approaches related to structured and unstructured data, and how to enable it with high quality data
- Excellence in meeting facilitation and in both written and oral communication
- Established record of talent development.
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships with direct reports, peers and executives, influence, negotiate, and drive organizational engagement.
- Experience in leading and contributing to efforts to develop or revamp processes - with an eye to avoiding unnecessary bureaucracy.
- Ability to be flexible and adapt quickly to the changing needs of the organization.
- Software: Excel (including advanced proficiency)
- Predictive analytic software and methodologies (SAS, R, visualization tools/techniques, etc)
- Scripting languages and data parsing tools (e.g., SQL)
- Business intelligence tools (e.g., COGNOS)