Commercial Launch Lead
COMMERCIAL LAUNCH LEAD
Reporting to the Chief Commercial Officer, the Commercial Launch Lead will help coordinate the cross-functional launch team to ensure alignment and success of our first launch in the U.S. As a member of the Commercial team, this individual will be accountable for providing project management support to the department to ensure project milestones and deliverables are met and program activities are well executed and managed. Ensures program strategies are communicated and executed within the team. Drives the day-to-day planning, coordinating, and tracking of critical activities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Organize and manage the launch planning team across key launch functions including marketing, operations, sales, medical affairs, manufacturing, etc.
- Own and update the launch planning dashboard, tools and timelines on a regular basis, and coordinate across functions to ensure a successful launch
- Summarize and communicate routine launch readiness updates across the functions, as well as, to senior management
- Drive information flow and ensure team members are kept apprised of launch status, including expectations, and proactively identify opportunities and challenges
- Support additional launch planning processes as they are needed, including global launch planning coordination and project management
- Lead coordination of functional meetings
- Business or Science Degree required
- Minimum 8 years’ experience, working within the pharma or biotech industry
- Ability to synthesize large amounts of information into clear and actionable presentations
- Prior launch experience and an understanding of drug launch processes, functions, and the interrelated steps needed
- Ability to work with spreadsheets, Gantt charts, timelines, PowerPoint and other software tools to organize, synthesize and communicate cross functional launch readiness information
- Ability to work cross functionally with many different functions and levels of managers to build a cohesive and high functioning launch readiness process
- Organizational agility - can confidently gain credibility quickly with leaders across all parts of the organization, including executive management effectively influence
- Strong interpersonal skills – demonstrated ability to work in teams, build strong relationships and influence across functions and across a partnership without formal authority
- Ability to manage complex, cross-functional projects from concept to completion
- Demonstrates a high degree of creativity and foresight in anticipating and solving complex program issues
- Excellent organizational and project management skills
- Ability to monitor and adhere to tight deadlines
- Strong prioritization and multi-tasking skills
Fit with GBT culture:
- Ability to build strong relationships with co-workers of various backgrounds and expertise
- Ability to function at a high level in a team setting whether leading the group or acting as an individual contributor
- Values-based leadership consistent with GBT's Core Values
- Excitement about the vision and mission of GBT
NOTE: This position summary is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Global Blood Therapeutics is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.