Caribou Biosciences, Inc. is a leading company in CRISPR genome engineering located in Berkeley, CA. Caribou's tools and technologies provide transformative capabilities to therapeutic development, agricultural biotechnology, industrial biotechnology, basic and applied biological research. The six-year-old company has developed a next-generation best-in-class CRISPR genome engineering technology platform and has a leading intellectual property position.
We are seeking a Laboratory Technician to provide support to our R&D team. This position provides an opportunity to grow and develop skills supporting our laboratory operations in a service-oriented role.
Responsibilities will include:
- Washing glassware and autoclaving materials, ensuring adequate supplies of clean lab glassware, and maintaining the glasswash room
- Acting as receiving agent for Caribou deliveries
- Performing Inventory and ordering lab consumables and other supplies, and assisting stockroom vendor, as needed
- Placing orders with vendors using Caribou’s purchasing software
- Coordinating weekly biohazard waste and chemical material pick-ups
- Preparing reagents, media, and other materials for use in research
- Coordinating with vendors for facilities and laboratory equipment repairs and maintenance
- Performing routine preventative maintenance on laboratory equipment
- Managing compressed gas cylinder inventory and coordinating deliveries with the gas vendor
- Completing chemical inventory for reporting requirements
- Assisting in Operations projects and initiatives
Candidate must possess:
- Bachelor’s degree in the life sciences or AA/AS with equivalent experience
- Solid computer skills, specifically with spreadsheets and databases
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to perform routine calculations for reagent preparation
- Able to lift up to 30 pounds
- Ability to multi-task and maintain a ‘can-do’ attitude
- Aseptic training and prior laboratory experience
- Interest in laboratory operations
Caribou Biosciences, Inc. is a dynamic start-up company, and the successful candidate must have the ability and desire to work in a fast-paced environment. For more information, please visit www.cariboubio.com. Caribou is on Twitter. Sign up to follow our Twitter feed @CaribouBio.
Caribou offers a comprehensive compensation package, as well as generous paid time off in addition to Company-observed holidays. The Company provides medical, dental, and vision insurance, along with a 401(k) retirement savings plan which includes matching employer contributions. Caribou promotes a culture in which employees are respected and rewarded for hard work, innovation, personal initiative and teamwork.
Caribou is an equal opportunity employer and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, citizenship, political activity or affiliation, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition (as defined under California law), veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, sex or gender (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), taking or requesting statutorily protected leave, or any other basis protected by law. In addition, Caribou prohibits the harassment of any individual on any of the bases listed above or any other characteristics protected under federal, state or local laws.