Associate Scientist I
The Drug Metabolism and Pharmacokinetics department has an opening for Associate Scientist I position in North Chicago, IL. The successful candidate will be responsible for the coordination and training of pre-analytical biomarker assays for clinical studies.
Key responsibilities include:
- Work with teams across AbbVie sites to generate pre-analytical biomarker lab manuals
- Train or assist in the training of clinical technicians in the processing of clinical samples
- Participate in clinical protocol generation discussions
- Use laboratory automation for tissue homogenization, analytical standard prep, and sample processing
· B.S. degree in chemistry, pharmaceutical sciences or bioanalysis.
· 0-3 years of relevant academic/pharmaceutical industry experience
· Excellent oral and written communication skills.
· Proven ability to work well in a collaborative team environment.
· Experience using electronic laboratory notebook and Microsoft Excel.
· Maintain accurate, detailed, and up-to-date documentation.
Key Leadership Competencies:
- Builds strong relationships with peers and cross-functionally with partners outside of the team to enable higher performance.
- Learns fast, grasps the "essence" and can change course quickly where indicated.
- Raises the bar and is never satisfied with the status quo.
- Creates a learning environment, open to suggestions and experimentation for improvement.
- Embraces the ideas of others, nurtures innovation and manages innovation to reality.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled