Utility Data Scientist
The Utility Data Scientist is responsible for management of the administrative requirements for the department related to utilization and billing. These responsibilities include financial management, trouble shooting, and project management. Key Responsibilities Include:
- Significant financial responsibilities completing month end utilization for NC and AP site Utilities including by area and building. Oversee utility usage for LC sites - electricity/steam/gas/ water/ compressed air/nitrogen. Develop annual rates for each of site utilities to be charged to customers.
- Actively work with gas, water, and electrical providers managing both short and long term usage working to resolve abnormalities and discrepancies. Work in team environment to determine utility purchasing strategy and contracts
- Supports the department manager in the development of budgets and assists with monthly financial tracking. Identify system efficiencies and troubleshoot utilization variation.
- Supports the department manager in developing Key Performance Indicators for the organization, tracks data related to KPI's, and drives improvement initiatives across the organization.
- Serves as a project manager for department initiatives and capital projects. Leads members of the organization in the development of the budget, scope, and schedule for major projects.
- Serves as the conduit for communication within the department, to leadership, and key utilities customers in relation to utility utilization, charges, and rates.
- Serves as the face of the organization to internal and external customers to ensure communication and customer focus. Provide support and or lead site energy initiatives including - ISO 500001/energy reduction goals.
- College Degree or equivalent experience. Strong problem solving and analysis skills are required. A technical degree (Data Analytics, Mathematics, Finance, Engineering or Science) is preferred.
- At least 3+ years of prior experience in area(s) of Manufacturing, Engineering, Procurement, Finance, Data Analytics, or an equivalent Technical Field is required.
- A basic understanding of finance and general accounting.