AbbVie Bioresearch Center is actively seeking a Supervisor, Manufacturing to join their team in Worcester, MA. This resource will be responsible for the daily supervision and training of operating personnel in the production of clinical or commercial products. Work in concert with other supervisors. Responsible for the accurate and timely completion of production related cGMP documentation. Facilitate the transfer, planning, implementation, and maintenance of manufacturing processes and procedures. Ensure the effective use of material, equipment, and personnel in producing quality products. Key Responsibilities Include:
- Develop weekly goals and schedules and set priorities for staff. Reviews weekly production schedule and priorities to determine unit assignments and critical actions.
- Review all materials and batch records required to support shift and any off shift needs for the day.
- Provide on floor training to support formalized technical and GMP training. Check that operator training files match and support the processes they are required to carry out.
- Monitor operator training files and work with compliance specialist to keep files up to date.
- Work with QA and Subject Matter Expert (Tech Ops or Process Sciences) to resolve exceptions. Reviews new Batch records and SOPs.
- Work with technology transfer team to incorporate new processes in the plant.
- Work interdepartmentally to see that work orders, dispensing, preventative maintenance, QC, and documentation issues are resolved and enhances communications at all levels.
- Ensure that direct materials budgets and overtime budgets are met.
- Provide supervision primarily to skilled nonexempt and junior level exempt employees. Acts as advisor to unit or sub-unit, becomes actively involved as required. Acts as mentor for less senior personnel.
- Evaluate staff performance.
- Requires a Bachelor's degree or equivalent and 5-8+ years of experience in all aspects of manufacturing/ production processes
- Computer proficiency and scheduling experience required; good writing skills required.
- Familiarity with industrial automation (e.g., distributed control and PLC-based systems)
- Working knowledge of safety, quality systems, and cGMPs is required