Medical Director - Immunoscience
In HQ Medical, you will have the ability to impact the lives of patients by developing and ensuring the safe and appropriate use of our medicines. HQ Medical plays a unique role in unlocking the full potential of our scientific and medical innovation by bridging clinical development with clinical practice.
Within a specific therapeutic area (Dermatology-Psoriasis, Rheumatology-RA/Lupus, Gastroenterology-IBD):
• Provides scientific and clinical input into the development of disease strategy, in-licensing opportunities, the development of marketed and/or early compounds and into the commercial organizations
• Lead the Medical Plan development and execution for specific Immunoscience assets
• Participate as a core member in the Development Team to provide input into development strategy including the non-registrational data generation plan (Phase 1 through life-cycle management), as applicable
• Partner with the WW Commercial to integrate a medical perspective into the commercialization process.
• Identifies and seeks input from thought leaders (TLs) on emerging science in drug and biomarker research, disease knowledge and design of clinical protocol and programs
• Drive investigator sponsored research review.
• Connect to the external environment to identify and translate medical insights.
• Role model and lead knowledge transfer to and from HQ to the regions/markets.
• Partner in the development of health outcomes and access strategy.
• Partner with the Publications/Content team to develop and review key content for congresses, manuscripts and FAQs
• Provide data dissemination via data rollout plans and training
• Build, forecast and track/adjust the Medical budget and resources.
• Provide medical review of asset content to align with overall strategy.
• Provide Medical input/perspective at key forums.
• Advanced scientific degree (MD, PhD, PharmD) and 5-10 years of clinical or industry experience (3-5 years for Associate Director) in specific therapeutic areas of interest: Dermatology-Psoriasis, Rheumatology-RA/Lupus, Gastroenterology-IBD.
• Relevant industry experience in Medical Affairs or Clinical Development.
• Experience in a customer-facing role with thought leaders and key customers preferred.
• Experience leading a cross functional team including market-based medical colleagues and clinical, marketing, access and health outcomes.
• Highly organized and motivated individual possessing excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills.