Principal Research Assoc-QC Biochemistry
Conduct routine and non-routine analyses of in-process materials, raw materials, finished goods, and stability samples by appropriate biochemical methods as assigned by Supervisor. Performs routine QC responsibilities as needed. May lead projects such as method validation activities. Applies acceptable cGMP practices during execution of all work tasks. Works independently with moderate supervisory guidance.
Perform routine QC responsibilities as assigned by supervisor such as:
- Conduct routine and non-routine analyses of test articles as assigned by supervisor by appropriate biochemical methods such as: SDS-PAGE, CE-SDS, ELISA, and Cell Based Bioassay.
- Demonstrate initiative to perform routine QC responsibilities such as sample coordination, lab equipment maintenance, QC document management, QC inventory control and reconciliation of sample requests/documents as needed.
- Monitor laboratory equipment for temperature and conformance to specifications
- Demonstrate initiative to assure performance of routine QC responsibilities.
- Apply acceptable cGMP practices during execution of all work tasks
- Work independently with minimal supervisory guidance. Exhibit strong teamwork skills.
- Update supervisor of progress on frequent basis. Seek additional guidance as needed.
- Use scientific expertise to provide assistance to coworkers for troubleshooting.
- Perform assay data review.
Perform independent assignments such as:
- Compile and analyze data for documentation of test procedures and preparation of reports/graphs.
- Conduct document reviews and author standard operating procedures (SOPs).
At Lilly, we unite caring with discovery to make life better for people around the world. We are a global healthcare leader headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana. Our 39,000 employees around the world work to discover and bring life-changing medicines to those who need them, improve the understanding and management of disease, and give back to our communities through philanthropy and volunteerism. We give our best effort to our work, and we put people first. We’re looking for people who are determined to make life better for people around the world.
- BS requires 5-7 years or MS requires 3-5 years of previous related experience.
- Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to be employed in the United States. Lilly does not anticipate providing sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B or TN status) for this employment position.
Lilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
- Excellent working knowledge of cGMP regulations is required.
- Excellent teamwork and communication skills. Attentive to detail. Good computer skills.
- Ability to work independently and achieve problem resolution with minimal supervision.