Sr. Research Associate, Conjugation
ImmunoGen is seeking a Sr. Research Associate to drive conjugation process development activities of novel antibody drug conjugates (ADCs). The successful candidate will develop bioconjugation processes that chemically couple ImmunoGen’s active payloads and linker molecules to tumor targeting antibodies. He/she will work in a multi-disciplinary team environment to develop robust processes that support late-stage and commercialization activities. This candidate will have strong hands-on technical expertise in the areas of process development, design of experiments, scale down models, protein purification, and characterization (analytics). He/she will be responsible for characterization of small molecule reactions and antibody manipulations (e.g. TFF). Additionally, this candidate will have strong communication skills and a proven track record of excelling in a high-paced environment.
Responsibilities include (not limited to) the following:
- Develop scalable, robust conjugation processes by conjugating, purifying, and analyzing antibody-drug conjugates using representative scale down models and associated analytical methodologies (e.g. HPLC and UV-Vis spectroscopy)
- Design, plan, and execute process characterization studies for ImmunoGen’s late-stage pipeline candidates using design of experiments (DOE) and quality by design (QbD) approaches.
- Characterize ImmunoGen’s payloads, linkers, antibodies, and conjugates using methods such as HPLC and UVvis.
- Support technical transfer, scale-up, manufacturing, and regulatory activities through collaboration with manufacturing sciences, analytical development, and process development groups.
- Evaluate, optimize, and implement novel conjugation techniques and process analytical technologies (PAT).
- Engage with the scientific community through conference participation by communicating scientific results in a clear, concise, and accurate manner.
- Maintain the highest of professional standards for laboratory safety and record keeping
Who You Are
- B.S. with 4+ years (M.S. 2-4 years) of related experience in Chemical Engineering, Bioengineering, Biochemistry, Chemistry, or related field.
- In depth understanding of process development, design of experiments (DOE), quality by design (QbD), and protein characterization and purification techniques (HPLC, UVvis, TFF, ion-exchange chromatography).
- Experience with statistical analysis, continuous processing, or flow chemistry is a plus.
- Candidate must demonstrate ability to effectively communicate in a multi-disciplinary team environment.
- Self-directed: Individual who is able to work effectively with limited direction in a complex, fast-paced environment.
ImmunoGen, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer & prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, age, disability, marital and veteran status.
ImmunoGen, Inc. does not accept non-solicited resumes or candidate submittals from search/recruiting agencies not already on ImmunoGen, Inc.’s approved agency list. Unsolicited resumes or candidate information submitted to ImmunoGen, Inc. by search/recruiting agencies not already on ImmunoGen, Inc. approved agency list shall become the property of ImmunoGen, Inc. and if the candidate is subsequently hired by ImmunoGen, Inc., ImmunoGen, Inc. shall not owe any fee to the submitting agency.