Research Associate/Associate Scientist, Cell Biology – Immune Oncology
Vividion Therapeutics is seeking a highly-motivated Research Associate/Associate Scientist to contribute to the identification and development of novel small-molecule drugs. Vividion is a privately held biotechnology company based in San Diego that is leveraging an innovative and proprietary chemical proteomics platform to efficiently discover novel drugs in multiple areas including oncology and immunology.
As an early stage startup company, Vividion is looking for energetic and experienced candidates with a desire to work in a fast-paced and dynamic team environment. The successful candidate will have extensive hands on experience and expertise in mammalian cell culture techniques (including transient transfection, retroviral transduction), basic molecular biology and cell and biochemical assay development (including siRNA, flow cytometry and handling primary immune cells).
Experience and education requirements
- BS with 7+ years or MS with 5+ years of experience (biotechnology/pharmaceutical industry experience strongly preferred).
- Hands on in vitro assay development & troubleshooting experience are critical
- Drug discovery experience in any therapeutic area will be considered and candidates with Immunology or Immuno-oncology backgrounds are especially encouraged to apply.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Required technical skills include DNA cloning, mutagenesis, transfection, Western Blotting, ELISA, aseptic technique, mammalian cell culture, primary immune cell processing, and cell viability assays
- Desirable techniques include functional immune cell assays, flow cytometry, PCR/qPCR, Immuneprecipitation, virus-based assays (reporter expression, etc.)
- Additional in vivo hands on experience is a plus.
- Outstanding problem-solving skills, troubleshooting skills and organization skills
- Be an effective team player and strong individual contributor, flexible, and able to handle multiple tasks and deliver high quality results under tight timelines
In addition to a competitive compensation package with stock options, Vividion also offers a comprehensive benefits package for our employees and their families, which includes medical, dental, life, disability insurance. For consideration, please submit your resume and cover letter referencing job RACB2018.07.13 to firstname.lastname@example.org. Vividion Therapeutics, Inc. is an EEO employer.