Senior Research Associate, Bioanalytical Research
Why Join Us?
To be a hero for our rare disease patients
Ultragenyx is a biopharmaceutical company committed to bringing to patients novel products for the treatment of rare and ultra-rare diseases, with a focus on serious, debilitating genetic diseases. Founded in 2010, the company has rapidly built a diverse portfolio of small molecule, monoclonal antibody, mRNA and gene therapy candidates with the potential to address diseases for which the unmet medical need is high, the biology for treatment is clear, and for which there are no approved therapies.
Developing new treatments for rare genetic diseases is challenging work. It takes courage, talent, and dedication to look past the easy answers and uncover new solutions that can make a meaningful impact. At Ultragenyx we push each other to perform at our very best, because we never lose sight of our mission – to make a difference in our patients’ lives.
Come join our team during this exciting time of growth and opportunities!
ultracurious – Apply your biggest ideas in courageous ways
Ultragenyx is currently seeking a Senior Research Associate in Bioanalytical Research, who will be primarily responsible for executing quantitative in-vitro and in-vivo PK/ADME assays, including; analyte determination from complex biological matrices, stability and dose solution analyses. The candidate will also be responsible for running, troubleshooting and maintaining HPLC and LC-MS/MS instrumentation. The level will be commensurate with the candidate’s training, experience and enthusiasm.
Responsibilities including, but not limited to:
- Develop HPLC and LC-MS/MS bioanalytical and analytical methods for quantitative bioanalysis from biological matrices and execute analyses to support pharmacokinetic and in-vitro ADME studies of novel small and large molecule therapeutics.
- Investigate and perform in vitro ADME assays (ie – chemical stability, PAMPA, plasma protein binding, logD/logP, etc.)
- Document, organize, and maintain research data and ensure proper archival.
- Conduct detailed and thorough review of data to ensure data quality based on study design and assay acceptance criteria.
- Ensure that high quality research reports and presentations are completed in a timely manner.
Technical Requirements & Skills:
- Preferred Education: BS/BA, MS/MA or training in a scientific discipline and appropriate work experience.
- 5-7 years of work experience in a pharmaceutical R&D LC-MS/MS bioanalytical laboratory.
- Must have solid knowledge and demonstrated hands-on experience in qualitative and quantitative bioanalysis.
- Should be familiar with ABI Analyst, Excel, and Prism in order to review and consolidate quantitative data for the team.
- Laboratory instrument operation, maintenance, and troubleshooting.
- Be able to work independently and in a team environment and adapt to rapidly changing priorities.
- Desire to gain expertise in new fields, learn new skills, and establish assays in laboratory.
- The ideal candidate will have demonstrated a record of excellent interpersonal, organizational and communication skills.
- Committed to the values of integrity, accountability, transparency, scientific rigor and drive.
- Current US work authorization required.
Ultragenyx Pharmaceutical is an equal opportunity employer & prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, age, disability, marital and veteran status.
Note to External Recruiters: All candidate activity and open positions are managed strictly through our Human Resources Department. Our Human Resources Department kindly requests that recruiters not contact employees/hiring managers directly in an attempt to solicit business and present candidates. Please note that failure to comply with this request will be a factor in determining a professional relationship with our organization. Submission of unsolicited resumes prior to an agreement set in place between the Human Resources Department and the recruiting agency will not create any implied obligation. Inquiries on developing a recruiting relationship with us, may be directed to: firstname.lastname@example.org.