Regional Sales Account Manager, West, Liquid Handling, California Based (San Diego, San Francisco)
Regional Sales Account Manager, West, Liquid Handling, California based West Region
Are you a motivated and successful Sales Account Representative in the liquid handling and/or automation field?
Do you thrive on actively driving liquid handling product sales in competitive project situations?
Do you live near a major airport in San Diego, San Francisco, or surrounding areas, or willing to relocate?
If yes, keep reading…
Analytik Jena US is seeking a highly motivated and skillful instrument sales pro to handle sales in the California area based West region.
West Region: CA, WA, OR, NV, AZ, UT, CO, AK, HI (majority of business activity in CA & WA)
Analytik Jena is a provider of instruments and products in the areas of liquid handling and automation in life science markets. Our portfolio of liquid handling products features the popular CyBio Felix and our parent company’s “Made in Germany” quality and innovation.
Our customers include: biotech companies, pharma, research laboratories, government laboratories and production/quality control.
This position will be based out of the successful candidate’s CA based home-office, in an area with a concentration of our liquid handling product line activity, within easy access to a major airport, preferably: San Diego or San Francisco area, or other major hub of activity in California.
Relocation assistance will be considered for top candidate.
- Grow business and handle sales process from start to finish, including, prospecting, product demonstration, negotiation, follow-up and closing the sale on capital equipment
- Build and maintain strong pipeline of key project accounts, instruments and consumables
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with prospective and current customers
- Demonstrate systems, including demo of hardware and software features
- Identify best system and configuration for customer needs; know competitive instruments and differentiation features of our systems to address competitive challenges
- Coordinate Install, applications programming and support with our expert team of Application Specialists and Service Engineers; ensure post-sale customer support, training and satisfaction
- Achieve sales goals
- Manage sales activities, travel schedule and expenses
- Average weekday overnight travel 40-50%
- Bachelor Degree or higher in Biology or related science (Biochemistry, Microbiology, Biomedical Engineering or other related), or equivalent experience, including lab bench experience in a research laboratory
- 3 years successfully selling liquid handling capital equipment and/or automation solutions, preferred. Selling into government, academic, pharma and/or bio-tech accounts;
- Will consider training motivated candidate with applications engineering or other related background, along with technical skills and sales aptitude
- Computer proficiency, including aptitude to learn application specific software and firmware
- Outstanding verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Positive attitude with superb interpersonal skills to work with diverse individuals and groups, including decision makers at all levels, and company staff in all departments
- Work well in consultative individual and team selling environments, with drive to close major deals
Comp package includes competitive Base (DOE) + Uncapped, escalating tier commissions, paid quarterly, car allowance, equipment and expenses, plus excellent benefits, including: 401(k) match, medical, dental, Life & Disability insurance.
When applying, send resume, plus cover letter or note highlighting 3 specific reasons your background and/or accomplishments make you a strong candidate for this position.