Senior Scientist, Medicinal Chemistry
Vividion Therapeutics is seeking a highly-motivated Senior Scientist to contribute to the identification and development of novel small-molecule drugs. Vividion is a privately held biotechnology company based in San Diego that is leveraging an innovative and proprietary chemical proteomics platform to efficiently discover novel drugs in multiple areas including oncology and immunology. As an early stage startup company, Vividion is looking for energetic candidates with a desire to work in a fast-paced and dynamic team environment.
As a member of the chemistry department, the successful candidate will be able to contribute to all priority phases of the drug discovery process including library growth, hit identification, hit to lead, and lead optimization. The preferred candidate will be comfortable balancing the use traditional approaches and exploring novelty on the cutting edge of modern small-molecule drug discovery. Attributes such as curiosity, fearlessness, creativity, instinct, focus, attention to details, and a willingness to challenge dogma will differentiate the best candidates.
Minimum education and experience requirements include:
- PhD +/- post doctoral experience in synthetic organic chemistry
- 3-6 years of pharmaceutical experience in small molecule drug discovery with a clear understanding of therapeutic hypothesis and assay relevance
- A clear command of modern synthetic methodology coupled with proven hands-on experience and reaction mechanism
- Solid problem-solving and communication skills
- Highly productive in the lab along with hands-on experience using modern lab hardware
- Ability to work in a multi-functional team environment
In addition to a competitive compensation package with stock options, Vividion also offers a comprehensive benefits package for our employees and their families, which includes medical, dental, life, disability insurance. For consideration, please submit your resume and cover letter referencing job SSMC2018.07.10 to email@example.com. Vividion Therapeutics, Inc. is an EEO employer.