Account Manager/Sr Account Manager - Scientific Sales
Absorption Systems, a preclinical Contract Research Organization, is seeking a candidate for a Account Manager & Senior Account Manager - Scientific Sales at their headquarters in Exton, Pennsylvania. This position offers a base salary plus incentive. Absorption Systems provides preclinical ADME testing services to pharmaceutical companies to support drug research and development. Account Managers (AMs) are key members of the Absorption Systems Sales and Operations Team and function as liaisons between sponsors, internal research scientists, and business development team members. AMs use their knowledge of preclinical drug testing to design and manage studies for a wide range of sponsor requests ranging from lead optimization through regulatory submissions.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Designing studies that meet sponsors’ needs in a scientifically sound and cost effective manner
- Providing scientific consultative support for ADME profiling, pharmacokinetics, and other preclinical testing services
- Fostering account diversification and expansion in association with sales and marketing
- Remaining current on global regulatory requirements and industry trends related to drug development
Other important functions include:
- Managing client expectations with timely and relevant communications
- Participating in project management
- Coordinating internal research projects to optimize service offerings
- Interacting with different teams on a daily basis including scientists, upper management, vendors, legal, and accounting
- Maintaining accurate records in multiple internal databases
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor or Graduate Degree for an Account Manager OR Graduate or PhD for SR Account Manager role. Pharmaceutical sciences, life sciences, or pharmacology degree required.
- 0-3 years relevant industry experience depending on education level for an Account Manager and 5 years or more experience for the SR Account Manager role.
- Scientific background or education is a must. Working knowledge of transporters, drug metabolism, pharmacokinetics, and bioanalysis will be a plus.
- Position requires strong professional communication skills and attention to detail
- Strong work ethic, self-motivation, and ability to adapt in a dynamic team environment are keys for success
Absorption Systems cares about our work community and offers a variety of benefits allowing employees the opportunity to customize a benefits package that meets their personal needs. Company benefits include the following:
- Medical Insurance Plan with Employer Contribution
- Dental Insurance Plans with Employer Contribution
- Vision Insurance Plan with Employer Contribution
- Health Reimbursement Account - Funded by Employer
- Healthcare Flexible Spending Account
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account
- Employee Life Insurance - 100% Employer Paid
- Employee AD&D Insurance - 100% Employer Paid
- Voluntary Life/AD&D Insurance for Employee, Spouse & Child(ren)
- Short Term Disability - 100% Employer Paid
- Long Term Disability - 100% Employer Paid
- Travel Assistance
- Life Planning Financial & Legal Resources
- Incentive/Commission Plan
About Absorption Systems
Absorption Systems, founded in 1996, assists pharmaceutical and medical device companies in identifying and overcoming ADMET (Absorption, Distribution, Metabolism, Excretion and Toxicity) barriers in the development of drugs, biologics and medical devices. Additionally, Absorption Systems goes deep into each of those areas, offering in vitro, in situand in vivomodels to assess the properties in question. The company's mission is to continually develop innovative research tools that can be used to accurately predict human outcomes or to explain unanticipated human outcomes when they occur. The CellPort Technologies® platform, a suite of human cell-based test systems for drug transporter characterization, exemplifies Absorption Systems' commitment to innovation and is soon to be an industry assay standard for in vitrodrug interaction assessment. Absorption Systems has facilities in Exton, PA, San Diego, CA, Medford, MA and Panama City, Panama to serve customers throughout the world.
Alongside of our enthusiasm for science and research, we have a passion to see each and every one of our employees grow and succeed both personally and professionally. We encourage our employees to continually enhance their ability to contribute to the success of the organization and advance their careers. Absorption Systems is committed to creating an environment where individuals are encouraged to grow and work in collaboration with each other while being passionate about innovation. The professional culture of our organization is a goal oriented environment full of internally driven and motivated professionals. Our company is unique in the fact that there is freedom for autonomy to execute and the ability for each employee to grow in directions that align their individual aspirations with company growth.