Director / Asssociate Director Plasma Proteomics
Age-related disorders are rapidly increasing in prevalence and constitute a major medical challenge. The basis of our science is that understandings from the plasma proteome can lead to new plasma based and traditional therapeutics that will modify the aging process and treat diseases. We are rapidly translating our findings to the clinic, working with innovative therapeutic modalities and developing comprehensive understandings to treat major disorders, including Alzheimer’s Disease.
We are seeking a highly motivated and driven expert in the area of proteomics who will be key in defining and executing a strategic vision, advancing our core scientific understanding, and capitalizing on the plasma proteome as a source for therapeutics and their clinical advancement. This role will utilize state-of-the-art proteomic technologies with a particular focus on cutting edge, in-house mass spectrometry, multiplexed immunoassays, and protein separation technologies. This position will be involved in establishing, validating, coordinating and implementing relevant assays to discover proteins of interest and to enable therapeutic prioritization. The studies performed will involve groundbreaking science and require innovative concepts and strategies.
This role requires dedication to drive science, flexibility, excellent communication and organizational skills, and the ability to effectively interact with an established team of scientists, research associates and bio-informaticians to advance multiple projects in parallel.
We offer a competitive compensation package.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Designing, planning, performing and analyzing proteomic studies using cutting edge technologies
- Sourcing and characterizing clinical samples
- Maintaining familiarity with current scientific literature
- Investigating and developing new methods and technologies for project advancement
- Interfacing on a regular basis with lead scientific staff to organize, coordinate, schedule and execute experimental work. This may include designing, performing, and presenting experimental paradigms
- PhD from an accredited college/university in a field related to biochemistry, biomedical research, or neuroscience
- Minimum of seven (7) years of progressively advancing responsibilities and technical experience in an industrial and/or academic lab setting
- Extensive experience with mass spectrometry based proteomics
- Familiarity with MS instrumentation and software for discovery proteomics (in-house Orbitrap Fusion Lumos MS)
- Direct experience with one or more affinity based proteomic technologies
- Experience in protein separation is preferred.
- Strong communication skills that enable the individual to interact with all levels of management, as well as technical and scientific personnel.