Business Development Support Specialist
Bachem. Pioneering Partner for Peptides
Bachem is a listed technology-based company focused on peptide chemistry. The company provides a full range of services to the pharma and biotech industries. It specializes in the development of innovative, efficient manufacturing processes and the reliable production of peptide-based active pharmaceutical ingredients. A comprehensive catalog of biochemicals and exclusive custom syntheses for research labs complete the service portfolio. Headquartered in Switzerland with subsidiaries in Europe and the US, the group has a global reach with more experience and know-how than any other company in the industry. Towards its customers, Bachem shows total commitment to quality, innovation and partnership.
The Business Development Support Specialist will provide exceptional customer service to internal employees and external customers. This person will work daily with the field-based Business Development team, as well as with our customers to support the initial stages of account setup; to update project details in an ERP and CRM tool; and to issue select quotations and proposals. This role will also liaise with other internal departments such as Project Management, Inside Sales, and Materials Management. A critical responsibility for the Support Specialist is to have high attention to detail and accuracy, along with the ability to provide a positive customer experience. The ideal candidate will have the acumen to recognize when a positive customer experience is in jeopardy, and will find a solution that prevents it.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Provide sales support to our Field Sales Team
- New account set up (credit forms, intended use forms, etc.)
- See that information requests from customers are fulfilled timely
- Issue quotations
- Help with proposal formatting
- Maintain and update customer accounts, contact information, milestone dates, and relevant communications in the ERP and CRM systems
- Support the Sr. Director(s) of Business Development with certain CRM reporting functions, documentation of sales activity metrics and internal training
- Forge strong working relationships with the Project Management, Technical Operations, Materials Management and Inside sales teams
- Identify additional areas where the Sales Support Specialist could augment the sales cycle once familiar with current systems and processes
- Comply with GMP requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree
- A genuine desire to provide excellent customer care and support
- Ability to multitask and switch focus quickly
- Experience in Sales or Customer Service
- Experience with ERP and CRM systems
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Basic computer knowledge, including Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Ability to effectively organize, multitask, and work in a fast-paced, deadline driven work environment
- Ability to communicate in a proactive and solution-focused manner, including keeping management aware of potential issues
- Detail oriented with the ability to troubleshoot and resolve technical and analytical problems
- Ability to work independently and manage one’s time
- Communicate effectively and ability to function well in a team environment
- Experience with SAP and Salesforce
What We Offer
An exciting opportunity to dive in and begin your career with a company that offers a competitive total rewards package that includes:
- Full range of health benefits including medical, dental, vision and long-term disability
- 401(K) Safe Harbor Plan (3% company contribution, 100% vested)
- iPay Incentive Plan
- 11 Paid Company Holidays, Personal Time, Sick Leave and Vacation Time
- Travel to Switzerland for certain key positions
- Company sponsored events! (Summer BBQ and Holiday Party)
- Generous product discounts
Bachem recognizes that highly motivated and well-qualified employees are its most important asset. The competence, motivation and performance of individuals and the team are key to the development and long-term success of our business. We therefore strive to attract, retain and develop talented and committed people to all of our Group Companies. Bachem ensures equal opportunities for its employees and will not tolerate any discrimination.
This position requires the employee to regularly stand, walk, sit and talk or hear. The employee must also be capable of writing, using a computer keyboard, telephone and related office equipment. The ability to lift up to 25 lbs. is required.
The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Within the facility, the employee will experience normal office conditions with a well- lighted work area and minor noise from standard office equipment. Occasionally the employee will experience unpleasant odors from the manufacturing facility. On a daily basis, the employee will visit the manufacturing facility several times. Lab coat and goggles will be required for these visits. The employee will constantly experience laboratory hazards. Very occasionally, the employee will be called upon to address emergency situations.