Medical Outcomes Science Liaison (TX, OK, AR, NM, LA, MS)
The Medical Outcomes and Science Liaison (MOSL) is a field-based scientific expert who uses clinical expertise and experience / knowledge of managed care, health policy, and health economics/outcomes research to support AbbVie's scientific strategy across the entire product portfolio and relevant therapeutic areas. The MOSL engages in peer to peer scientific and health economic discussions with external health care access decision makers (HCDMs) and influencers at US public and private priority regional accounts; including but not limited to, managed care organizations (MCOs), specialty pharmacy providers (SPPs), pharmaceutical benefit managers (PBMs), integrated delivery networks (IDNs), accountable care organizations (ACOs), employers and employee health benefits consultants (EHBCs). The MOSL identifies key HCDMs and builds strong relationships with them, allowing the MOSL to better understand and meet the needs of the customer. The MOSL seeks to proactively identify partners and facilitate generation of real world evidence (RWE) consistent with an approved RWE plan. Key Responsibilities Include:
- Relationship and account management. Identification of key HCDMs within an account.
- Communication of scientific & health outcomes information to a varied audience. Maintain and continually enhance clinical, scientific, and current healthcare landscape expertise.
- Communicate field insights.
- Integrate with Global Medical Affairs, Integrated Managed Health Care, Global Health Economics & Outcomes Research, and other internal stakeholders as appropriate and as identified through Healthcare Solutions.
- Identify and address population level scientific, outcomes research, and health policy needs of customers.
- Leverage internal and external resources to meet customer needs.
- Provide clinical and health economic support to healthcare access decision makers and influencers for AbbVie's Therapeutic Areas, new products, new/updated indications and marketed products.
- Contribute, as needed, to creative, innovative strategies to address specific customer clinical outcomes and health economic questions and needs that align with the core medical affairs strategies.
- Participate in various therapeutic advisory activities involving both marketed and investigational products, spanning the full product life-cycle.
- Participate in other strategic initiatives as identified through Healthcare Solutions.
- Advanced degree required, preferably M.D., D.O., Pharm.D. or Ph.D
- Three (3) to five (5) years of experience in a Managed Care/PBM, VA/DoD, CMS, State Medicaid, health care consulting, pharmaceutical industry or related environment preferred. Completion of relevant Residency or Fellowship programs may be considered in lieu of some work experience. Account management experience in a commercial or clinical setting is preferred.
- Necessary Skills include: strong scientific accumen, effective communication skills, active listening skills, networking, relationship development, lead/influence without authority, business analysis skills, flexibility / adaptability, self motivated, prioritization, self awareness, critical thinking, innovative problem solving, solid team orientation, stong emotional intellegence
- Advanced technical expertise and business analysis skill
- Negotiation skills
- Advances Innovative problem solving skills
- Superior emotional intelligence
- Strong medical leadership presence