Program Manager, Operations
We are AbbVie - a highly focused, research-driven biopharmaceutical company. We target specific difficult-to-cure diseases where we can leverage our core research and development (R&D) expertise to advance science and create solutions that go beyond treating the illness to have a positive impact on patients' lives, as well as on economies, societies, and science itself. We look at problems holistically, from many perspectives, because that's how you find the best solutions to the world's increasingly complex challenges. We are currently sourcing a Program Manager, Operations to join our expanding team. In this role, you will manage plant-related elements of projects and programs in AbbVie Operation by leading cross-functional teams to achieve project deliverables on time and within budget. Projects include start-ups of new products and facilities and transfers of existing products to new facilities.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Develop project plans in line with the defined strategy.
- Works with MES Strategic lead and Product pipeline and new business.
- Apply regulatory requirements in determining the content and information required for the program.
- Execute the strategy cross-functionally; make adjustments to the plan and partner with stakeholders to update accordingly.
- Support development of the business case and define specific recommendations that are specific and measurable.
- Routinely update cross-functional teams on status and changes; present Program updates and outcomes to executive leaders as required.
Education & Experience:
- Relevant 3rd level degree with accredited project management certification preferred
- 8+ years related work experience including Plant Operations
- Technical education background - Engineering, Chemistry or Industrial Pharmacy preferred
- Demonstrated ability to lead and influence cross-functional teams in a matrix environment.
- Proficiency with common project management and communication tools such as MS Project, Exel, PowerPoint, and MSWord
- Ability to develop and manage financial related elements of a project; strong business acumen including project accounting and cost accounting.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively to senior management.