Perform GLP and research bacteriology assays using a variety of different human pathogens,in human blood and blood products. May occasionally perform virology assays.
Primary Responsibilities :
- Execute experiments, either independently or as a team member; including experiments for product claims and regulatory submissions.
- Work with various pathogenic organisms in BSL-2+ environments.
- Prepare and manipulate various blood products, including plasma, platelets and RBC.
- Develop, optimize and qualify or validate bacterial enumeration assays.
- Perform and appropriately document GLP and notebook studies.
- Act as principal investigator in conducting own experiments.
- Make detailed observations, analyze data and interpret results.
- Prepare technical reports, summaries, protocols and quantitative analyses.
- Analyze data and results for research experiments as well as GLP studies.
- Prepare final reports, study plans, etc., necessary for multiple projects.
- Prepare and present experimental results in appropriate forums.
- May present at scientific conferences and contribute to scientific publications.
- May provide expertise on project teams, including contribution of ideas, developing plans, execution of the plan and timely reporting of results.
- Maintain high level of professional expertise through familiarity with current scientific literature.
- Contribute to project progress within his/her scientific discipline.
- May mentor or provide guidance to other personnel.
- Perform other related duties as required
- Bachelors degree in a scientific discipline with minimum 5 years of experience, or
- Masters degree in a scientific discipline with a minimum 2 years of experience.
- Experience culturing bacteria on plates and in broth
- Experience working with pathogenic bacteria and viruses desirable.
- Experience working with human blood products desirable.
- Experience working in a GLP or other regulated environment desirable.
- Proficient in writing reports, regulatory submissions and publications.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Strong mathematics skills
- Familiarity with word processing, spreadsheet, scientific and graphics applications
- Sharp analytical skills; problem-solving, trouble-shooting, innovative
- Team oriented
- Ability to work independently
- Good communication skills (verbal, written, interpersonal, listening)
- Flexible; ability to adapt to changing priorities
- Time management (schedules, timelines, task prioritization)