Scientist/Sr. Scientist, Antibody Discovery
Compugen USA, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Compugen Ltd., discovers and develops therapeutic antibodies for the treatment of cancer. Working closely with colleagues in Holon, Israel, we are advancing multiple programs targeting novel immune modulators to reactivate the anti-tumor immune response. We seek a highly skilled and motivated employee who is looking for growth opportunity in a fast paced, startup-like environment to lead our antibody phage display discovery and engineering team.
Reports to the Director, Antibody Discovery. Leads the phage display team to discover and optimize novel therapeutic antibodies for cancer treatment. The successful candidate will perform a range of duties critical to our antibody discovery process and antibody engineering. Primary responsibilities include:
- Antibody phage display selections against Compugen targets.
- Preparation of antibody fragments in E. coli, for use in screening experiments.
- Reformat antibody fragments to mouse and human IgG isotypes
- Antibody and protein engineering
- Direct management of a research associate
The ideal candidate will be experienced with phage display, or a similar antibody selection technology. Also required are highly developed skills in molecular biology, familiarity with antibody binding studies and sequence analysis, and exposure to high-throughput screening for drug development.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS & ACCOUNTABILITIES :
- Conducts phage display experiments using human antibody libraries.
- Manages antibody screening campaigns and experiments including sample preparation, binding assays, DNA sequence analysis and maturation
- Analyzes, collates and presents antibody characterization data to facilitate antibody lead selection; including maintenance of an up-to-date antibody inventory.
- Conducts molecular biology activities involved in antibody re-formatting (e.g. PCR, molecular cloning, etc), affinity and/or species specificity optimization.
Collaborates with and serves on project teams to ensure timely research progress, program prioritization, and resource utilization.
- Ph.D. or undergraduate degree with a minimum of 5 years of relevant industry experience in Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, or related life science
- Experience with phage display or related antibody diversity systems and selection techniques is essential.
- Substantial experience with antibody binding screens, molecular biology and antibody sequence analysis is a must.
- Expertise with antibody optimization and engineering methods is essential.
- Working knowledge of structural biology/protein modeling is a plus.
- Must be highly self-motivated, detail-oriented and well organized.
- Position may require international travel.
- Thoughtful experimental design and comprehensive note keeping
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects and activities
- Ability to work independently; proactively address issues and troubleshoot problems
- Maintain excellent working relationships with colleagues and collaborators
Ability to work productively with colleagues in a team-oriented environment across the global company, and to travel (up to 5 %)