Bristol-Myers Squibb is a global biopharmaceutical company whose mission is to discover, develop and deliver innovative medicines that help patients prevail over serious diseases.
One shared journey is moving us forward at Bristol-Myers Squibb. Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious disease. Empowered to apply our individual talents and ideas so that we can learn and grow together. Driven to make a difference, from innovative research to hands-on community support. Bristol-Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
This position in Toxicology Operations is crucial for the support of the portfolio by co-ordinating successful conduct of toxicology studies in DSE, NBR. The Biological Technician group is at a critical mass due to the departure of a Biotechnician and not filling this position will critically impact productivity, result in gaps in compliance and portfolio support.
Biological Technician Level - H29 Description:
- Collect data for routine operations
- Work with others in scheduling and carrying out established standard biological assays and present the results as written notes or verbal reports
- Perform such tests and assays using appropriate equipment and techniques in areas of biology, simple chemistry, microbiology, and immunology
- Prepare animals and samples for testing, observe tests, and detect responses
- Perform support duties that involve animal health maintenance, i.e. sentinel program, water and feed evaluation, sanitation sampling and testing, and other related tests, as required
- May be required to correlate and calculate related data, summarize and record test results and assays
- Processing tissue and excreta samples from laboratory animals; handling of radio labeled test materials
- Under supervision, may assist with the writing of new or revised procedures
- Participate in employee training and ongoing training and education programs as required
- Perform animal husbandry
- Perform responsibilities in compliance with all applicable SOPS, study protocols, GLP guidelines, and other Federal, State and corporate policies and guidelines
- Bachelors degree in a related scientific discipline and AALAS certification as a Laboratory Animal Technologist (LATG)
- Demonstrate exceptional work performance with advanced technical and communication skills
- Minimum of 2-4 years of laboratory animal experience