Scientist - Translational Science
NGM Biopharmaceuticals, Inc. is a private biotech company dedicated to discovering and developing the next generation of medicines for the treatment of serious diseases. Our experienced scientific team has joined forces with an impressive group of industry professionals, Nobel Laureates and other distinguished researchers to form a company where innovation and cutting edge science has provided the foundation for a robust drug discovery engine. To date, NGM Bio has generated a pipeline of six drug candidates in various stages of development, including NGM282 that recently demonstrated proof-of-concept in a Phase 2 study in non-alcoholic steatohepatitis (NASH). In 2015, we entered into a broad, strategic collaboration with Merck that will provide us with the resources and flexibility to pursue our ambitious R&D goals and further extend our pipeline of novel drug candidates.
We are seeking a highly motivated PhD level scientist to join the Translational Science department. The successful candidate will have an in depth understanding of the heterogeneity of human diseases and apply this knowledge to aid the discovery and development of predictive diagnostics for the advancement of novel protein therapeutics.
- Work closely with the discovery research team to develop a pharmacodynamic biomarker plan, address the mechanism(s) of action require for efficacy, and identify and address key gaps in the pre-IND data package
- Establish and manage external collaborations and contract research
- Leveraging clinical samples from ongoing studies, develop and execute a research plan to address innate and adaptive resistance mechanisms, and reverse translation efforts to identify novel targets
- PhD in a relevant scientific field such as immunology, cancer biology, genetics, or other biomedical sciences
- Experience with RNA expression analysis such as RT-PCR or RNAseq
- Direct experience with multi-parameter flow cytometry
- Proficiency in tissue culture and cell transfection
- Experience working with mouse models of disease, including drug dosing and necropsy
- Strong interpersonal, organization, time-management and verbal and written communication and interpersonal
- Established strong publication record in biomedical science
- Prior experience in myeloid cell biology, or disease genomics and bioinformatics are highly preferred
NGM offers a creative, collaborative, highly challenging scientific environment, along with a strong compensation package that includes salary, stock options, 401(k) and a comprehensive benefits package.
Interested applicants should click "Apply"