Zymeworks is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company dedicated to the discovery, development and commercialization of next-generation bispecific and multifunctional biotherapeutics. Zymeworks’ suite of complementary therapeutic platforms and its fully-integrated drug development engine provide the flexibility and compatibility to precisely engineer and develop highly-differentiated product candidates.
Zymeworks is seeking a highly-motivated professional who is looking to grow their career with our company.
About the Position
Zymeworks is looking for a highly motivated individual who is eager to demonstrate the passion and drive required to advance their career within our fast-paced company. The successful candidate will be comfortable working through all aspects of the Company’s contract processes and will have strong negotiation skills. The Contracts Manager will maintain a high level of internal and external customer satisfaction and responsiveness. This position will be based in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada or Seattle, Washington, USA.
- Drafts, negotiates, and facilitates execution of a broad range of agreements in a timely manner with vendors, contractors, and collaborators.
- Reviews, identifies, and mitigates contractual and business risks in third party agreements and presents findings to management.
- Manages and administrates executed agreements to ensure internal and external compliance.
- Liaises with internal/external stakeholders (Business Development, Legal, R&D, Intellectual Property, Finance, external counsel, etc.) in the negotiation of contracts and associated statements of work.
- Supports internal stakeholders as the contracts subject matter expert in order to provide contractual and commercial risks and issues. Provides mentorship and leadership within the organization.
- Ensures accurate, easily accessible and complete records of the Company’s contractual and business matters.
- Monitors contract expiration periods, engages with internal stakeholders to determine renewal priorities and changes in the business drivers, and manages the process for renewals, amendments, or extensions.
- Actively works to foster an environment of effective and collaborative working relationships amongst employees, management, and external partners.
Qualifications and Experience
- University degree in law, business, or related discipline and a minimum of 5 to 7 years’ related experience with the successful negotiation and execution of a broad range of agreements, or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Proven interpersonal skills with the ability to work collaboratively as a member of a cross-functional team and effectively solicit stakeholder input. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills and the ability to work effectively in a high-paced, fast-changing environment. Results oriented.
- Strong working knowledge of key operational controls, Canadian and international contract law, and financial regulations.
- Strong leadership and mentorship skills.
- General understanding of the pharmaceutical drug development process; preference may be given to candidates with pharmaceutical, biotechnology, or healthcare experience.
- Experience managing and using industry-standard contracts management software.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills with the ability to confidently present findings.
- Demonstrated exemplary business ethics, integrity and transparency.
- Demonstrated initiative and creativity.
- Proficiency with MS Office.
Why Work for Us?
Zymeworks’ employees are passionate, engaged and extremely motivated to succeed. We are excited by the cutting-edge science and technology, the endless possibilities this union holds and the sheer opportunity to be a part of something big. To learn more about Zymeworks Inc. and our current openings, please visit our website at www.zymeworks.com.
We offer challenging career opportunities, competitive benefits and an environment that recognizes and rewards performance.
How to Apply
If you’re interested in this challenging opportunity, please click "Apply". Due to the high volume of applicants, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.