We are located in the San Francisco bay area, in the heart of the world’s premier biotechnology research hub. PACT Pharma offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, including aggressive participation in the growth of the company in the form of stock option grants. PACT Pharma is an ambitious cutting-edge undertaking - we fully anticipate our company to become the world’s leader in personalized adoptive T cell therapies for cancer and therefore key to the future of cancer treatment. We are currently located in Hayward, CA, but will be moving offices to South San Francisco by the end of the year.
TITLE: IT Manager
This position is responsible for the daily aspects of PACT’s IT infrastructure, including IT facilities (power, HVAC, data center environment), perimeter and data center security, operations and management, server hardware and OS management, network management, and managing the help desk function.
Essential Job Functions
- Manage day-to-day aspects of PACT’s IT infrastructure, including IT facilities (power, HVAC, data center environment), perimeter and data center security, operations and management, server hardware and OS management, and network management.
- Manage ongoing relationship with Disaster Recovery vendor(s)
- Manage and oversee the Help Desk function and staff
- Oversee all aspects of the deployment and maintenance of PACT’s fleets of laptops and desktops
- Manage the deployment and maintenance of core PACT applications, including those covered by PACT’s Enterprise Agreements with Microsoft
- Provide input to PACT’s IT strategy and roadmaps
- Work with Senior Leadership to ensure implementation and maintenance of all systems are compliant with relevant standards
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science / Information Technology or equivalent work experience
- Must be a team player and work in small start up environment
- Minimum of 3 years prior experience in network or systems engineer capacity
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in IT management, with increasing levels of responsibility
- Strong technical knowledge of and direct experience with implementing, supporting, and maintaining a Microsoft-based datacenter.
- Experience working in regulated environments and complying with change control systems and GMP regulations (and their impact on IT).
- Familiarity with key Microsoft enterprise products, including MS Exchange, SCCM, SCOM, and others.
- Familiarity with systems security and related network design considerations
Skills and Abilities
- Team players with positive attitude and willingness to innovate are strongly desired.
- Proven ability to communicate technical concepts clearly and concisely to non-technical clients
- Strengths in working across all levels of the company in a calm and diplomatic manner.
- Self-motivator with ability to prioritize and multitask
- Excellent oral and written communication skills for communicating technical issues to non-technical audiences