Bioinformatics, Senior Team Lead (San Diego, CA)
Job Field: REDE - Research & Development
Location: San Diego, CA, US
Company: BASF Corporation
Job Type: Standard
Job ID: EN_US_1803118
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, citizenship, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, disability status, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world's leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment with a strong emphasis on process safety, as well as the safety of our employees and the communities we operate in, and are always working to form the best team--especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America's Best Employers in 2017. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Bioinformatics, Senior Team Lead (1803118) - San Diego, CA
Where the Chemistry Happens
BASF is seeking a Senior Team Lead like you to provide technical and strategic leadership for a team of bioinformaticians focused on the analysis of raw data generated through the sequencing of DNA, RNA, and proteins; including the processing, analysis, integration, and visualization of data, as well as functional annotations. Leading a team of cross-functional professionals, you will create an inclusive environment which embraces and derives value from diversity, provide direction and guidance to meet performance goals within their area of responsibilities while fostering their professional growth and development.
Qualifications - BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
Formula for Success
* Leveraging your bioinformatics and research expertise you will support our project partners in molecular biology, enzymology, and biochemistry, deliver hands-on scientific support for projects by analyzing genome, proteome, transcriptome, and various other datasets for in-depth mining and interpretation.
* Your ability to consistently display your strategic thinking and influencing skills will be a valued asset as you actively build relationships and network with internal and external research groups, work collaboratively, conduct strategic planning, and support our functional vision focused on continuously improving bioinformatics expertise, algorithms, and methods.
* As a trusted advisor supporting our Global Digitalization in R&D division you will identify opportunities, develop and execute action plans, designed to ensure workflow automation, and pathway analysis including data visualization networks.
* Successfully engaging across the business, will manage diverse projects as part of our local, regional, and global initiatives to ensure continuous improvement.
* You will be relied on to develop, apply, and evaluate new software solutions and web applications to manage workflow automation, pathway analyses, and data visualization.
* Applicants with a Ph.D. in Bioinformatics and experience in industrial enzyme design or strain development are highly desired.
As a leader at BASF, you will play a key role in creating value for the company through people. Our top candidate will be expected to enable greater personal success among our employees through quality people development, coaching, and performance management. Leaders at BASF are role models to help employees develop the competencies needed to implement BASF's strategy. Our expectation is that leaders will coach and develop team members to reach their full potential, and support relevant development assignments, opportunities and moves while motivating and challenging employees to drive high performance. Our leaders must be committed to "hiring the best" internally and externally at the same time they are creating an inclusive environment which embraces and derives value from diversity. Finally, a leader at BASF must establish and support our safety culture in which all accidents are preventable.
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You...
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you--the whole you--in all stages of your life and career.
With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you’ll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
BASF provides interesting and challenging learning and development opportunities to help you make the most of your talents and your job.
To apply for this position, please copy and paste the following link into your browser address bar: