Scientist, HTS Technology
As a member of our High Throughput Screening group, you will be part of an interdisciplinary team developing new methods of strain cultivation, measurement, phenotyping and analysis that will be used to screen for microbes with improved performance in microtiter plates and at scale.
You enjoy solving all kinds of problems and make it your mission to optimize and improve any process you come across. You thrive working in many different team environments and enjoy seeking out information from many sources to find a solution. You are not afraid to charge ahead on a challenge and course correct as necessary based on experimental data or new information.
- Identify, develop, optimize and deploy new high-throughput screening models and assays to apply custom solutions to the unique challenges of different projects
- Design, execute and analyze efficient experiments to solve problems and improve understanding of biological and operational processes
- Work collaboratively with scientists, automation, and software engineers to build efficient, automated laboratory work flows in support of high throughput screening solutions
- Propose innovative and impactful projects using risk/reward assessments
- Work with cross-functional project teams to develop and deploy tools (both laboratory and analysis) to support production of different molecules
- Contribute to the overall scientific knowledge and skill level of the group through collaborating, teaching, and interacting with group members at all levels
- Mentor associate scientists to accomplish any of the above tasks
The most important requirement for this position is a desire to solve problems and share knowledge. If you like challenges, gamification, and the eternal search for the most optimal process or the most elegant experiment, you will fit well in this team. A sense of humor and comradery are also critical requirements. We are interested in arguments for how your track record of innovation, design and collaboration can trump a lack of experience in one specific area below.
- Ph.D. in bioengineering, chemistry, molecular biology, physics, statistics or a related discipline.
- Experience using statistical packages, data visualization tools, and scripting languages for data manipulation, analysis, mining, and process improvement.
- Experience in high-throughput process development preferred.
- Experience in microtiter-cell culturing methods preferred.
- Experience developing assays for UV-Vis spectroscopy and LC-MS preferred.
- Knowledge of microbial physiology or fermentation a plus.
- Proven ability to influence peers and work with others to affect organizational change.
Amyris, a leader in industrial synthetic biology, uses its innovative bioscience solutions to achieve renewable products by converting plant sugars into hydrocarbon molecules. Amyris’ molecules are used in wide range of specialty & performance chemicals, flavors & fragrances and in applications ranging from cosmetics to biofuels. Learn more at www.amyris.com.
As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, Amyris is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Amyris complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.
For a full list of our current openings, please visit our website <http://www.amyris.com>.