Under the direct supervision of the Facilities Manager, this position is responsible for managing and/or completing all maintenance, repairs, and improvements made to PACT Pharma facilities and to ensure EH&S and Sustainability compliance. The position is also responsible for project planning and coordination within the facilities. Additional duties and other projects may be assigned as necessary.
This position will be under the direction and guidance of the Facilities Manager but will take direction from other managers in the Company on a project basis and support the business as a whole. This position will work independently and will involve direct management in cases where additional guidance is needed.
- Provide predictive and preventative maintenance support to ensure maximum facility uptime; perform daily, weekly and monthly walk-throughs checking gages and meters, operational correctness of equipment and systems, troubleshooting.
- Performs equipment and facility installations and repairs as needed by internal customers or as determined through routine audits (including but not limited to electrical, plumbing, refrigeration systems & HVAC.
- Completes emergency repairs as needed.
- Provide verbal instructions, read and interpret operation & maintenance manuals, blueprints, schematics, engineering sketches, diagrams, and other drawings to ensure timely, error-free completion.
- Maintain emergency systems management such as the fire suppression systems and spill detection.
- Responds to emergencies as appropriate during off-hours, holidays, and weekends. (Being on-call 24/7.)
- Ensure all project and vendor/contractor work being done meets EH&S policies, practices and procedures.
- Ensure our facilities are kept clean and neat at all times.
- Develop, maintain, and manage practices and procedures for managing projects, quotes and work orders that will ensure clarity, organization, and EH&S compliance is met.
- Undertake (self-directed) general Site duties: example; re-lamping fixtures, lubing door hinges, plumbing repairs, door hardware repairs/adjustments etc.
- Develop and maintain accurate records of maintenance activities
- Comply with all company quality assurance methodologies and goals.
- Follow published and accepted safety practices and maintain a clean, safe working environment.
- Comply with all applicable safety regulations. Other duties and special projects as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Working knowledge of general facility systems including HVAC, Electrical, Plumbing, and fire
- suppression systems
- Must have ability to work with hand/power tools safely.
- Must be well organized and committed to a safe and clean working environment.
- Must be able to prioritize and manage time well.
- Good general computer skills and familiarity in a Microsoft environment.
- Good - Written, verbal and communication skills.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- This position may require some heavy lifting (up to 50 lbs., heavier weights with assistance).
- Must be able to work an 8 - 12-hour shift while standing with periodic walking.
- Must be able to handle chemicals in a safe manner while donning appropriate personal protective equipment.