Research Associate, Antibody Engineering
Programmable DNA, the software of Life, is finally here! Twist Bioscience is developing a disruptive Synthetic DNA technology that will change the world, enabling widespread health and sustainability. Synthetic biologists will use our products to engineer how organisms produce cures to diseases, make everyday chemicals by using the atmosphere as the carbon source, enable plants to make their own fertilizers, and to create in-vivo diagnostics that alert us when we are sick, and many more applications.
We are seeking an outstanding, innovative, and creative Research Associate to join our antibody discovery effort. This Research Associate will play multiple roles within the Pharma group and will work within a team responsible for antibody discovery utilizing a number of in vitro display technologies, e.g. phage display, ribosome display, and yeast display.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to, phage display panning, screening, and characterization
- Plan, perform, analyze, and document laboratory experiments in support of antibody discovery
- Evaluate and support the implementation of new technologies
- Maintain laboratory instruments
- Work collaboratively under aggressive timelines
What You’ll Bring to the Team
- Successful candidates will be independent and creative researchers, capable of experimental design, execution, and troubleshooting
- Your educational background includes a B.S. or M.S. in molecular biology, cell biology, biochemistry, or related discipline
- Motivation to learn new scientific techniques and to work in a team environment is necessary
- Ability to think outside the box is key
- Some relevant industry experience in antibody discovery is a plus
- Strong desire to work in a dynamic start-up environment is essential
- Ability to multitask and thrive in a fast-paced and challenging environment
- Strong organization skills and proficiency in computer skills including various databases
- Excellent oral/written communication and interpersonal skills a must
- Extensive experience with ELISA assays
- Ability to multitask
- Excellent problem-solving capabilities
- Extraordinary attention to detail and planning
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Additionally, experience with cell culture, cell-based assays, bioinformatics, and general molecular biology skills are highly desired
About Twist Bioscience
At Twist Bioscience, our expertise is accelerating science and innovation by leveraging the power of scale. We have developed a proprietary semiconductor-based synthetic DNA manufacturing process featuring a high throughput silicon platform capable of producing synthetic biology tools, including genes, oligonucleotide pools and variant libraries. Our platform overcomes the current inefficiencies of synthetic DNA production, and enables cost-effective, rapid, high-quality and high throughput synthetic gene production, which in turn, expedites the design, build, test cycle to enable personalized medicines, pharmaceuticals, sustainable chemical production, improved agriculture production, diagnostics, biodetection and data storage. For more information, please visit www.twistbioscience.com. Twist Bioscience is on Twitter. Sign up to follow our Twitter feed @TwistBioscience at https://twitter.com/TwistBioscience.
Twist Bioscience Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Twist Bioscience Corporation provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic characteristics, or any other category protected by law.