Cell Culture Technical Support Engineering Supervisor
The Cell Culture Technical Support Engineering Supervisor is responsible for leading a team to support all upstream processes and equipment for operations at AbbVie Bioresearch Center.
- Leading team to support manufacturing equipment, activities necessary to support the introduction of new projects and to support ongoing projects.
- Develop and manage staff through hiring, managing performance, promotions, disciplinary action, performance evaluations, and developing staff to both work individually as well as a team
- Manage and mentor junior level engineers to aid in their development and ensure knowledge sharing.
- Responsible for process fit activities; maintaining and upgrading process equipment; writing and executing validation change requests (VCRs); and writing and reviewing GMP documents.
- Independently plans and conducts small- to medium-size assigned projects within engineering specialty requiring conventional types of plans, investigations, and/or equipment. Manages multiple, often concurrent, projects and meets deadlines. Responsible for achieving the project's financial targets in support of business objectives. Maintains project controls and reporting for cost, scope and schedule; develops execution strategy including procurement. Balances multiple demands.
- Produces unique and cost-effective results. Establishes alternate use possibilities and incorporates flexibility; balances system costs with benefits provided; oversees design work of internal and external consultants, Creates/modified designs for intermediate problems. Integrates financial with technical data. Analyzes complex interdisciplinary problems and identifies their impact; establishes probabilities; draws conclusions reflecting broad business needs.
- Represents engineering on corporate task forces. Identifies full range of customer/client needs and proposes solutions to address them; makes alterations in products or services to better meet (recognized or unrecognized) customer need.
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering, science, or closely related discipline is desired, or equivalent technical experience plus demonstrated competence, with a desired 5+ years of significant engineering and/or operational experience. A post-graduate education/degree is desired, and may contribute towards the desired years of experience.
- Has demonstrated competency within a discipline.
- Has general knowledge of other related disciplines beyond their own area of expertise.
- Possesses a strong technical knowledge and application of concepts, practices, and procedures. Works on problems of complex scope where analysis of situations or data involves multiple competing factors. Demonstrates judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action.
- Interacts well with diverse groups within engineering and maintains strong working relationships with internal and external collaborators.
- Listens to and understands others' points of view and articulates tactfully and respectfully one's own perspective orally, in writing, and in presentations.
- Works well with other engineers in a collaborative, fast-paced goal-driven environment.
- Possesses interpersonal skills to negotiate and reconcile differences.
- Has a technical background in health care, medical devices, pharmaceutical, biologics, or similar industries (preferred).
- Has demonstrated competency with financial systems and in fiscal control
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled