Tacere Therapeutics Inc. is currently seeking a highly motivated and creative Research Scientist to take a leading role in the pre-clinical development of RNAi therapeutic for chronic Hepatitis B Virus (HBV) infection. A wholly owned subsidiary of Benitec Biopharma, Tacere is a rapidly growing biotech company located in the Britannia Point Eden Business Park in Hayward, CA. Tacere is focused on the development of novel human therapeutics based upon RNA interference (RNAi). More information on the company can be found at www.benitec.com
The candidate will be responsible for designing, conducting and coordinating key biological experiments either internally or externally with a CRO. The candidate will also be expected to develop and improve upon existing technologies revolving around shRNA expression and detection. He/she must be current on new discoveries in the field of HBV/RNAi/gene therapy research community and as well as understand how to implement new findings/technologies internally within the scope of company goals. Other scientific responsibilities include establishing in vitro infection models for HBV and AAV.
Essential Duties and Job Functions:
He/she must think critically and creatively, work independently, and determine appropriate resources for resolution of problems to achieve results in a timely manner. The candidate should exhibit excellent organizational skills as well as be proficient in both data management and the preparation of summary reports. The candidate should be able to present clear and concise data summaries in group and team meetings.
Knowledge, Experience and Skills:
• Ph.D. in biological sciences with 0-2 years of post-doctoral experience.
• First hand experience in gene therapy and/or shRNA is essential.
• Mammalian cell culture experience required
• Direct experience designing and conducting luciferase reporter assays
• Proficiency in DNA and RNA assays (qPCR, RT-qPCR, Northern and Southern Blots), molecular cloning, protein immunoassay technologies (ELISAs, Western Blots).
• Virus (AAV and HBV) experience desired.
• Excellent verbal communication and interpersonal skills are required
• Must be able to multi-task, manage multiple projects simultaneously and work effectively within a team environment
• Strong motivation, attention to detail, ability to think independently and fully integrate into a high achieving team environment
• A dynamic and highly collaborative working environment
• Comprehensive benefit package available, including health, dental, vision, and 401K.
• Job title and compensation will be based on candidate experience.
Please do not contact directly about the progress of your application.