SCIENTIST, BIOANALYTICAL and BIOMARKER ASSAY DEVELOPMENT
Wave Life Sciences USA seeks experienced and highly motivated individual to join its team in Cambridge, Massachusetts. This is an ideal position for an individual with a strong background in analytical chemistry and/or nucleic acid chemistry or related field who thrives in a team-oriented, fast-paced, and cross disciplinary biotech environment. The candidate will be an integral member of a small team of scientists aiming to rapidly and pragmatically realize the potential of an emerging technology.
- Biochemical, molecular and bioanalytical assays involving a range of tools and techniques such as ultrasensitive immunoassays, MSD, ELISA, RT-PCR, qPCR and cell based assays. Experience in flow cytometry or LC/MS based assays is a plus.
- Responsible for analyzing and interpreting data from preclinical and clinical studies.
- Involved in planning experimental design and execution of all aspects of bioanalysis, efficient assay development and creative problem solving
- Ability to manage two or more projects in parallel and reach the set goals.
- Work closely with CROs in study protocol/report review, method transfer, compound and biological sample shipment and storage.
- Capacity to be highly productive in a fluid and fast-paced work environment
- PhD degree in nucleic acid chemistry/chemistry/Biochemistry/analytical sciences or related field with a few years of experience in Industry or BS/MS with at least ten years relevant experience in industry.
- Specific expertise in PK, ADA, biomarker assays; hands-on experience with MSD, SMCxPro and Roche Light Cycler 480 is highly desirable.
- Demonstrated experience with bioanalytical and biomarker assay development of an oligonucleotides therapeutic
- Knowledge of assay development and validation, and understanding GLP requirements and ICH guidelines desirable
- Authoring reports/presentations/communication bullet
- Experience within a fast pace small biotech environment