Senior Research Associate/Associate Scientist - Bioanalytical
WAVE Life Sciences USA seeks experienced and highly motivated individual to join its team in Cambridge, Massachusetts. This is an ideal position for an individual with a strong background in analytical chemistry and/or nucleic acid chemistry, biochemistry or related field who thrives in a team-oriented, fast-paced, and cross disciplinary biotech environment. The candidate will be an integral member of a small team of scientists aiming to rapidly and pragmatically realize the potential of an emerging technology.
· Responsible for the immunochemistry platforms based bioanalytical method development, validation and sample testing to support preclinical or clinical studies.
· May contribute to the bioanalytical and biomarker development and qualification using multitude of bioanalytical methods (ELISA, MSD, LC-MS, RT-PCR, qPCR, IHC, primary and cell based assays) to support preclinical, clinical, and manufacturing projects.
· Implement the established methods for sample analysis
· Compile and analyze data using Softmax, spreadsheets or other data analysis tools
· Transfer of bioanalytical and biomarker methods to CROs and help with management of outsourced studies.
· Maintain laboratory records, supplies and equipment
· Write SOPs and other technical reports as needed
· Stay compliant with applicable regulations
· Good collaboration and communication skills
· Hands on experience with immunoassay method development, optimization and validation.
· Experience with ELISA and immunoassay development, familiarity with molecular methods
· Bioanalytical assay design experience
· Ability to trouble shoot, independently perform root cause analysis for method investigations
· Proven ability in technical writing
· Time management and project management skills
· Written and oral communication skills
· Ability to work in a collaborative work environment with a team
· Experience with LC-MS and LC-MS/MS based bioanalytical methods is a plus
Education / Experience:
· B.S. / M.S. with at least 3 years’ relevant experience in industry.
· Experience with the development of a broad range of analytical methodologies for characterization of oligonucleotides
· Knowledge of GLP requirements and ICH guidelines desirable
· Experience within a start-up or small biotech environment a plus