Research Associate, Drug Substance Process Engineering
Tricida seeks a hands-on individual to join our rapidly expanding team in the role of Research Associate, Drug Substance Process Engineering. The position is directed toward late-stage process development, manufacturing and commercialization of Tricida’s PhIII polymeric drug candidate. The successful candidate must demonstrate chemical engineering expertise and an eagerness to contribute at all levels of the manufacturing process. This position will primarily work within a team of process chemists and engineers, and collaborate with cross-functional team members.
- Support internal laboratory activities under the guidance of senior staff, including preparation of stock solutions, polymer synthesis, and polymer purification.
- Plan individual workload in coordination with the position supervisor.
- Execute assignments as scheduled and on time.
- Accurately complete experiments, document work, and maintain laboratory records.
- Work within a team of process chemists and engineers to maintain a clean and safe laboratory work environment.
- Support continuous improvements in the drug substance development process through characterization of existing processes and identification of opportunities for improvement.
- Deliver technical reports, progress reports and presentations to ensure alignment within the process development team.
- Contribute to a cohesive team environment and share laboratory responsibilities.
- Attend and participate in team meetings.
Experience and Skills:
- B.S. in Chemical Engineering or related scientific disciplines.
- Detail-oriented and able to accurately and precisely execute experiments.
- Works well with others in a team environment and demonstrates an enthusiasm to contribute.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Self-directed individual who is able to work in a fast-paced and collaborative environment.
Tricida, Inc., is a late-stage pharmaceutical company focused on the development and commercialization of its lead product candidate, TRC101, a non-absorbed, orally-administered polymer drug designed to treat metabolic acidosis in patients with chronic kidney disease (CKD). Metabolic acidosis is a condition commonly caused by CKD that is believed to accelerate the progression of kidney deterioration. Metabolic acidosis has been associated with increased muscle wasting, loss of bone density and increased mortality.
Competitive Compensation and Benefits include: Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverages, Life, AD&D, Disability, 401(k), Flexible Spending Plan, and Stock Options. Fifteen vacation days per year and 11 paid holidays per year, which includes 1 floating holiday.