Responsibilities will include conducting pre-clinical research with rodents to optimize the stimulation of the immune system by the Nano-Pulse Stimulation Platform.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Designing and conducting experiments using mouse tumor models to optimize the stimulation of the immune system using Nano-Pulse Stimulation
- Conducting in vitro biological techniques, including cell culture and immune-based bioassays (i.e. Flow Cytometry, Elispot, ELISA)
- Presenting data at internal company meetings and at scientific conferences. Writing study protocols and reports that summarize the key observations of studies.
- Working closely in a team-based, creative environment solving problems with biologists and engineers to characterize, optimize and develop Nano-Pulse Stimulation technology.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Extensive experience generating and treating tumors in vivo in rodents, including survival surgical experience.
- Experience with sterile technique, cell culture, standard cellular/molecular biological techniques
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and writing skills; experience with MS Outlook, Word, and Excel
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to collaborate and work well in a team environment
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- BS with 10 years, MS with 5 years or PhD with 3 years of experience in biological science required
- Five years of relevant experience in medical device, biotech, biomedical, life sciences field; industry experience is highly desirable.
Pulse Biosciences, Inc. is an immuno-oncology company developing a proprietary oncolytic electroceutical therapy based on its Nano Pulse Stimulation (NPS) platform. Preclinical studies using NPS on solid tumors in murine models has demonstrated that NPS enables effective local tumor control and initiates an adaptive immune response with a vaccine-like effect by inducing immunogenic cell death.
Pulse Biosciences, Inc. (PLSE, Nasdaq) corporate headquarters is located in Hayward, CA.