Scientist (Research) – Tucson, Arizona
- Performs a wide variety of experiments, techniques, and assays within several areas of expertise to advance product development, collaborations, troubleshooting, or grant work.
- Independently develops and optimizes assays and designs related experiments.
- Independently contributes ideas related to other projects that are not the employee’s current focus and contributes novel ideas to solve problems.
- Contributes significantly to a team of scientists involved in a particular project.
- Performs detailed data analysis and reports results.
- Maintains accurate and updated laboratory notebooks (electronic records).
- Prepares and delivers presentations of project results to team and/or management.
- Keeps current with and researches relevant scientific literature.
- Performs duties as needed to fulfill current project requirements.
- Master’s Degree in Genetics, Cellular and Molecular Biology, or Biochemistry; PhD preferred.
- 4 years' relevant post-graduate experience. Experience with programming languages.
- Strong familiarity with next-generation sequencing library preparation, instrumentation, and data analysis (please specify platforms).
- Familiarity with basic statistical methods and mathematics, data-analysis software and standard statistical tests.
- Strong familiarity with Microsoft Excel and Word, basic office-productivity and mail software.
- Familiarity with automated laboratory instruments (liquid handling, plate washing).
- Understanding of scientific principles and concepts and their application to research projects.
- Strong molecular biology laboratory skills, including assay techniques such as gene expression assays, array-based assays, oligonucleotide probe design, PCR, qPCR, sequencing, and RNA techniques.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including technical writing.
- Ability to perform research.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and optimize assays.
- Demonstrated ability to contribute novel ideas to solve problems.
- Demonstrated ability to independently carry out objectives with no more than weekly supervision.
- Ability to represent (propose and complete objectives) a specific discipline, such as molecular biology, in vivo pharmacology, molecular modeling, etc., on a multidisciplinary team.
- Ability to multi-task effectively.
- Ability to perform cell culture.
Weekend and evening work required in order to meet deadlines. Work is indoors in a seasonally heated and air-conditioned environment. The position is sedentary and requires pipetting, typing, and the ability to move objects weighing up to 25 lbs.
To apply for this position, please click https://htgmolecular.easyapply.co.
About HTG: Headquartered in Tucson, Arizona, we are a provider of instruments and reagents for molecular profiling applications. Our mission is to empower precision medicine at the local level. In 2013, we commercialized our Edge instrument platform and a portfolio of RNA assays that leverage HTG’s proprietary nuclease protection chemistry. Our Edge system capabilities have been expanded to fully automate sample and targeted library preparation for next-generation sequencing.
HTG offers competitive salaries and a generous benefits package including medical, dental, and vision plans, as well as short-term & long-term disability, life insurance, an employee stock purchase plan, and a 401K plan.
Additional information about us is available at www.htgmolecular.com.
About Tucson, Arizona: Headquartered in Tucson, Arizona, we are a provider of instruments and reagents for molecular profiling applications. Our mission is to empower precision medicine at the local level. In 2013, we commercialized our Edge instrument platform and a portfolio of RNA assays that leverage HTG’s proprietary nuclease protection chemistry. Our Edge system capabilities have been expanded to fully automate sample and targeted library preparation for next-generation sequencing.