Manager/Director, Research – Tucson Arizona
HTG's Research and Technology team is looking for a creative and resourceful scientific leader. This group works on new technologies, assays, and instrumentation, as well as problem-solving of existing assays and techniques. The position is lab and office based but will require occasional travel and evening/weekend work.
- Lead a group of scientists to design and develop novel molecular assays.
- Plans, prioritizes, and tracks multiple projects.
- Performs a wide variety of assays and other experiments within several areas of expertise to advance HTG EdgeSeq products.
- Responsible for assessing new technologies in NGS and molecular diagnostics.
- Proposes and carries out short and long-term individual and team objectives.
- Critically reviews contributions made by team members.
- Independently contributes ideas related to all projects and contributes novel ideas to solve problems.
- Performs detailed data analysis and reports results.
- Ensures compliance with lab safety and GMP/ISO requirements.
- Monitors own work to ensure high quality product and accuracy.
- PhD Genetics, Cellular and Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, or related
- 7+ years prior experience (industry or academic) in laboratory or team management.
- Previous experience managing people.
- Molecular biology laboratory experience, including next-gen sequencing, qPCR, automation instruments, and routine tasks. Pathology/Oncology experience desired.
- Strong communication skills:
- Generate, summarize, and present data and conclusions to internal and external audiences.
- Represent (propose and complete objectives) the department on a multidisciplinary team or on outside collaborations.
- Publication and collaboration experience required.
- Leadership and motivational abilities:
- Management of scientists and other lab personnel.
- Organize and track multiple projects, lab maintenance, and personnel within a fast-paced environment.
- Experience with Microsoft Office at a minimum. Knowledge of statistical programs and methods, Linux, programming language(s), or next-gen sequencing analysis a definite plus.
Weekend and evening work required in order to meet deadlines. Work is indoors in a seasonally heated and air-conditioned environment. The position is sedentary and requires pipetting, typing, and the ability to move objects weighing up to 25 lbs.
To apply for this position, please click https://htgmolecular.easyapply.co.
About HTG: Headquartered in Tucson, Arizona, we are a provider of instruments and reagents for molecular profiling applications. Our mission is to empower precision medicine at the local level. In 2013, we commercialized our Edge instrument platform and a portfolio of RNA assays that leverage HTG’s proprietary nuclease protection chemistry. Our Edge system capabilities have been expanded to fully automate sample and targeted library preparation for next-generation sequencing.
HTG offers competitive salaries and a generous benefits package including medical, dental, and vision plans, as well as short-term & long-term disability, life insurance, an employee stock purchase plan, and a 401K plan.
Additional information about us is available at www.htgmolecular.com.
About Tucson, Arizona: Headquartered in Tucson, Arizona, we are a provider of instruments and reagents for molecular profiling applications. Our mission is to empower precision medicine at the local level. In 2013, we commercialized our Edge instrument platform and a portfolio of RNA assays that leverage HTG’s proprietary nuclease protection chemistry. Our Edge system capabilities have been expanded to fully automate sample and targeted library preparation for next-generation sequencing.