Market Research Manager
Samumed is a pharmaceutical platform company based in San Diego, California, focused on advancing regenerative medicine and oncology applications through research and innovation (www.samumed.com). Samumed has discovered new targets and biological processes in the Wnt pathway, allowing the company to develop small molecule drugs that have the potential to address numerous degenerative conditions as well as many forms of cancer. Samumed is currently conducting clinical trials for multiple disease areas, including oncology, osteoarthritis, androgenetic alopecia, tendinopathy, degenerative disc disease, and idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis, and it has a broad pipeline targeting areas of significant unmet medical need.
Job Description and Responsibilities:
Samumed is currently looking for a Market Research Manager to join the team. The Market Research Manager will be responsible for leading the market research needs for the Samumed portfolio. This position will be accountable for the planning and execution of annual market research plans which will help drive strategic and tactical decisions across all therapeutic areas at Samumed. This position will support marketing, market access, medical affairs, clinical and other key stakeholders to integrate research findings into valued insights for franchise planning and commercial plans. Reporting to the V.P of Marketing, the position is a full-time role in Samumed’s San Diego office.
- Partner closely with commercial and other cross-functional team members to identify primary market research objectives, design the appropriate research instrument and executes market research studies in a cost effective and timely manner
- Develop, integrate, and communicate actionable insights, conclusions and recommendations by using multiple analytic sources
- Design and conduct qualitative and quantitative primary market research with patients, payers and physicians to address key business questions with presentation of results and strategic insights
- Utilize key secondary resources to support research efforts
- Evaluate, select, and manage vendor partners to execute and deliver on study objectives, ensuring compliance with all state, federal, and regulatory policies. This includes the RFP process, vendor selection, study design, contract execution, budget management, timelines and vendor interface.
- Develop and manage the Market Research budget
- BA/BS degree in Science or Business
- At least 5 years of relevant pharmaceutical industry experience, including 2+ years of primary market research experience
- Superior analytical skills with experience in a broad range of primary market research methodologies including qualitative and quantitative design, data analysis, and statistics
- Knowledge and experience with pharmaceutical data sources (patient claims data, sales data, secondary data providers, promotional audits)
- Prior experience in the evaluation, selection, and management of market research vendors to deliver on study objectives, ensuring all state, federal and regulatory policies
- Ability to collaborate across multiple priorities and internal cross-functional teams and external functional groups
- Organized and highly innovative with strong teamwork and project management skills, focused on execution.
- Fundamental knowledge of forecasting and how market research insights affect inputs and outputs of a forecast model
- Superior oral, written and presentation skills- with comfort in communicating to all levels of management
- Must be able to work collaboratively with agencies, vendor partners, cross-functional teams and internal resources to drive superior results
TO APPLY, PLEASE EMAIL RESUME TO HR@SAMUMED.COM