In Vitro Display Biologist
Are you looking to be an integral part of an innovative, high performer, cross-functional, deeply collaborative, and high paced team that is responsible for establishing novel drug discovery platforms? Do you have a track record of innovation behavior, scientific curiosity, and desire to learn and implement new technologies and platforms? Our group is looking for a standout colleague willing to roll up his/her sleeves and get the job done. If this sounds exciting, Lilly Biotechnology Center in San Diego is the place for you.
Your role will include design and execution of mRNA and/or yeast library selections that should result in discovery of clinical drug candidates. You will also be responsible for designing and implementing novel chemical reactions that can be incorporated in mRNA library design. One of your main responsibilities will include evolving the current display/panning practices towards innovative functional-based selection processes. Are you independent, visionary, organized, focused and able to work as part of a high-performing, high paced team? If you have high intellectual and learning agility you will fit right in.
- Experienced with phage, yeast, or mRNA display platforms. This experience should include library construction, selection, and hit characterization for either one of the display platforms.
- Proficient in flow cytometry and molecular biology, chemistry
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills
- Capable of establishing and validating cell based assays
- Able to work in teams and cross functionally as needed
At Lilly, we unite caring with discovery to make life better for people around the world. We are a global healthcare leader headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana. Our 39,000 employees around the world work to discover and bring life-changing medicines to those who need them, improve the understanding and management of disease, and give back to our communities through philanthropy and volunteerism. We give our best effort to our work, and we put people first. We’re looking for people who are determined to make life better for people around the world.
- Bachelor degree in biochemistry, biotechnology, or a related discipline with at least 1 year of relevant experience or
- Masters degree in biochemistry, biotechnology, or a related discipline with relevant research or laboratory experience
- Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to be employed in the United States. Lilly does not anticipate providing sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B or TN status) for this employment position.
Lilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.