Sr. Manager, Strategic Initiatives
US Commercial Business Technology Solutions (BTS) group is engaged with a cross functional team of Medical, Regulatory, Market Access, Commercial and HEOR to develop patient experience solutions that address unmet needs of patients across patient journey. The role will be part of Commercial BTS, and will be vertically aligned with US Commercial Immunology and Oncology Commercial Brand organization to conceptualize, design and develop solution for existing brands as well as launch brands. The role will involve working with US Commercial patient experience and care model teams to identify the unmet needs of patients, across the patient journey, challenge the conventional wisdom and create innovative solutions. The role will be a technology account executive, business relationship manager, and portfolio manager for Immunology and Oncology product teams. The role will lead a team of Brand technology leads, project managers, and Business Systems analysts to identify and frame strategic and tactical needs of the product teams. The role will be responsible for understanding brand strategies, maintain strategic portfolio for patient services organization, develop implementation plans for launch products and be responsible for developing subject matter expertise as well as capabilities roadmap in newer Therapeutic areas and brand launches. Responsibilities
- Lead and advance the deployment & implementation of strategic initiatives for US Commercial. Build and maintain capabilities roadmap for Patient services organization. Ensure alignment between evolving business needs and corporate technology strategies
- Build strategic portfolio planning framework and capabilities. As Immunology and oncology portfolio evolves, there is a need for dedicated focus on coordinating strategic and tactical planning across the portfolio and develop integrated BTS plans across the portfolio. Develop Connected Health capabilities for Immunology and oncology portfolio
- Leadership interaction across multiple functional organizations including Regulatory, Device QA, Medical affairs, Commercial, Research and Development, HEOR, Technology teams, Legal, Privacy, software compliance. Role will involve extensive collaboration with internal and external partners
- Guide the identification and assessment of emerging technologies, and new technology partners. Ensure effective utilization of existing business systems and provide strong connectivity with existing core business processes. Working with Enterprise BTS organization, establish a Patient Services strategy for the enterprise by leveraging existing data and technology capabilities already in use across AbbVie. Ensure that systems are architected in a way that results in technology synergies and simplified integration to help manage multi-vendor relationships and Home Office Data Integrations.
- Work with BTS and business functions to anticipate resource needs and product appropriate resources to execute the business priorities. Act as single point of contact for strategic planning process including Long Range Planning and Business Case preparation
- Develop and prioritize portfolio of initiatives aligned to Brand team's tactical plan. Direct a team to manage multiple project projects, project priorities, by anticipating risks and proactive communication. Develop comprehensive project estimates and timelines by soliciting input and collecting feedback from all impacted stakeholders. Work across IT and business functions to negotiate and secure the availability of resources to meet the demands of the Brand. Gain alignment and buy-in by utilizing existing processes and defined forums
- Provide active coaching to appropriate project associates and work stream leaders. Provide leadership and skill set development with associates within the project. Supervise a matrix team of Project Managers, Architects, Business Systems Analysts, and Programmers on multi-million dollar strategic initiatives
- Act with urgency and passion. Help others be successful. Work with minimal oversight; deliverables and relationships are monitored through periodic reviews.
- Responsible for compliance with applicable AbbVie Policies and procedures